Bison is going to graze

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm taking my small herd of Bison (.504 & 54) out to the mountains on a weeks long Elk hunt. Hoping to have exciting details for all the DWB's. Fingers crossed :D

Good luck and be safe. Looking forward to the details.

Harleysboss said:
I'm taking my small herd of Bison (.504 & 54) out to the mountains on a weeks long Elk hunt. Hoping to have exciting details for all the DWB's. Fingers crossed :D

Good Luck My Friend! Hope you get one!!

Harleysboss said:
Yes unfortunately I did not get drawn for a big bull permit. Spike only.

Well at least you casn go out. I expect I will be able to go out late season but you know what thats is like late season.

Hunted every day of the season. Saw 35 head of elk, Not 1 Spike Bull! 32 cows and calves and 3 Branched Bulls 1 3pt & 2 5pts. The Bison herd limped into the stable slightly bruised and battered. I had a miss hap crossing a scree field. Feet went one way and my 54 cal went flying, Clank Bang Boom off the rocks. After collecting myself and the obscenities subsided. I discovered a scuff on the barrel and several nice dents and scuffs on the stock. Nothing broken on the gun or me. I will get her back to looking great in no time. The hunt was fun, spent with my son and good friends. Elk hunting can be tough on Man and Equipment.

At least you seen some Elk! Archery season here in Unit 1 was by far the Worst I’ve ever seen, There were a Whopping 2 Bulls Brought in the Local Sport Store for Pictures (Normally the Wall Board is Packed full) It was so bad this year that my Dad and i made up our minds to not buy Elk Tags here Anymore. The Game Dept put out a News letter Stating that this was gonna be an “Exceptional Year” something along those lines? It worked, This place is FULL of hunters due to it, All Elk Tags are Sold out. Hopefully they bought Wolf Tags, Trapping Gear, Maybe a Fall Turkey Tag (Stil have an abundance of Wild Turkey!) Lots of these Locals here Hate These Wild Turkey, Refer to them as Vermin. They Should start liking them, At least they can Survive here! Elk and Moose here in Unit 1 are in DEEP DEEP Trouble

You will get your White Bison Fixed up Good as New! Gives it some “unique” Character. But i know you, Alot like myself when it comes to our Guns, i Go out of my way to Baby my Rifles, if i bruise a Gun i am sick over it! But just think it could have been Worse, I was driving home the other day and at 55-60 MPH my Front Drivers Tire/Wheel literally Fell off, Talk about a “Hair Raising” Experience! Darn lucky I didn’t Crash over it, i had a Hell of a time keeping the Truck in the Rd, This was on Les Schwab as They had Recently Rotated my Tires. It Ground my Rotor off, Lower Ball joint, and Fouled up my Front Fender, Schwab Replaced the Rotor, and Ball Joint, I have to go get an Estimate on my Fender

Happy to read that you are both safe having elevated heart rates for a brief period.

HB,

Latest posts

Back