Bison peep sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I searched for a rear peep sight for my Bison. There are very few to chose from. Williams no longer makes one from what I can tell, NECG sells something that would work with a weaver style base. I went ahead and searched Skinner Sights out of Montana. Bingo! They carry what is called the "860" express sight. The hole spacing is .860" Fits the barrel contour of my Bison like it was made for it. Sits low on the barrel. It is adjustable for height and windage. I have Skinner Peeps on a few lever guns and they are rugged and reliable. Since this Bison will be pretty much a hunting gun and not a long range lead chunker, I think this sight will be just about perfect. Think I will get her dialed in at 75yds and call it good. It's night time here so I will get a picture in a day or two.

Looking forward to the pics! We can use scopes here in VA. so all my muzzle loaders have them installed (old eyes). I never used a peep on a rifle, but if forced to by law I would certainly try them.

That's some good information Harley. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Art

Sme and better yet smet with target knobs are the way to go very easy to use and adjust in the field.

I've got the one with target knobs, bought it when they were having a big sale.. had it on the Bison then took it off and put a scope on. Its now sitting in box waiting to go on a different gun.

Browndogz said:
You can also use the Lyman 57 SME

Looks simple enough. Thanks but I'll stick to my scopes...

VA. started out with no scope laws when the ML season first came about, but they changed it a few years after. You would think with the wide open ranges out West they would think to allow a scope!

I am happy we don't allow scopes, it keeps the hunter numbers reasonable. We are allowing 209's for the first time and I expect a flood of new hunters as the ML's are "selling like hotcakes" according to one of the outdoor stores I frequent.

We added hunting units a couple of years ago and eveyone think that changes in Muzzleloader is the secret sauce to getting their elk.

I like the way Colorado is set up no scopes sabots or pellets but in all honesty I see enough benefits in big lead and loose powder I don’t think I’d use sabots or pellets anyway. Can’t say I wouldn’t use a scope of legal but don’t feel handicapped by my peep sites.

Latest posts

Back