Black diamond parts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried calling S & W ?
When they took over T/C they got all the parts,It won't hurt to give them a call,I have in the past and was able to get parts for older T/C gun's.
S&W 1-866-730-1614 or 1-413-781-8300

If someone can accurately measure theirs, I will build you one, no charge. You’ll have to blue it though.

A: Diameter of end
B: Overall length
C: diameter across threads
D: inside diameter of spring hole
E: Length of shoulder
F: Depth of hole
A picture would be good too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8
And thread pitch. If it’s the same as a White, I have that.

Looking at it online, it looks like it has an o-ring that is incorporated into it as well. I would almost have to have the plug in hand or some really good pictures and measurements of that area where the o-ring goes

If sdporter is willing to build you one I will send him the cap off one of my Black Diamonds as long as he will make sure I get it back. Let me know what you guys want to do.
I’ll build him one. I enjoy the challenge, and yes, you’ll get your cap back. I was reading one guys post on a different forum (I searched “T/C Black Diamond receiver cap dimensions” ) he was complaining about the screwdriver slot stripping out?? I only put my one in my Whitetail finger tight, it’s never backed out. Are they tight in the Black Diamond? Does the screwdriver slot get beat up? If so a small hex on the back might be a better way to go. Might look kinda funky though. The slot is definitely a cleaner look.

I’ll build him one. I enjoy the challenge, and yes, you’ll get your cap back. I was reading one guys post on a different forum (I searched “T/C Black Diamond receiver cap dimensions” ) he was complaining about the screwdriver slot stripping out?? I only put my one in my Whitetail finger tight, it’s never backed out. Are they tight in the Black Diamond? Does the screwdriver slot get beat up? If so a small hex on the back might be a better way to go. Might look kinda funky though. The slot is definitely a cleaner look.
I don’t think the slot gets beat up as long as you use a properly sized driver, at least it hasn’t in my BD’s.

you only need them finger snug, no need to use a screwdriver.
I think the a torque screw slot would be great or a allen wrench hole if people feel they have to have one, but really no need been tightening mine up finger tight since back when they 1st came out.

sd if you get with OP and he wants it done p.m. me your address and will get it to you.

you only need them finger snug, no need to use a screwdriver.
I think the a torque screw slot would be great or a allen wrench hole if people feel they have to have one, but really no need been tightening mine up finger tight since back when they 1st came out.

sd if you get with OP and he wants it done p.m. me your address and will get it to you.
Sounds good. A couple of good pics of it, and I may not need it, just some measurements. Just depends on how that o-ring goes on there. If there’s just a recess or a shoulder behind the threads, piece of cake. That’s how I would imagine it would be but, I don’t own one either.

The guy I mentioned on that other forum, when I did my search, drilled his out and put a sling stud through it with a nut on the back and JB welded it together. Had to cut three coils off his spring to get it fit he said. I would have liked to see the pics of that. There were some posted but the link didn’t work.

Wow bet that looks good. I don't have the stuff to measure it properly but if you want pics can get some.

Heres a couple pics, o.d of threaded portion looks to be 5/8 in and o.d of cap looks to be 1 in, threaded portion looks to be 3/8 inch tall but like I said nothing to measure to be precise just used tape. The o ring is hard to see but it sits on bottom of threaded portion flat against plug. This plug is all dinged up from a previous owner who used a screwdriver on it and looks like it was dropped and hit edge of threads, luckily it still works fine.

20200113_164254.jpg 20200113_164303.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like there is just a small shoulder there behind the thread that the o-ring goes over, from the picture anyway. If that’s the case, it will be easy to build, but I would need precise measurements on that shoulder. Haven’t heard anything from OP. He may have gone lookin elsewhere.....or have a real job where you can’t play on your phone all day. Lol

Back