Black diamond parts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In metric it's 1.5 pitch and 18.85mm od on threads. I thought that was too small to be a 19mm.
I could just send you my cap to duplicate if needs be, sdporter.
That might be easiest. Let me try one more and send to Culp1 then we’ll go from there.

Culp1 here’s the M19x1.5 version of the threads. A little more work and it’s headed your way.

Attachments

• A16C810A-8DCF-4022-A92E-14AA50D3AD37.jpeg
    A16C810A-8DCF-4022-A92E-14AA50D3AD37.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5
Oh, i remember why im not a machinist or an engineer... math. Looks great sdporter. If it doesn't fit this time im gonna send you mine.
Thanks! I came in .002” under on the pic I posted earlier. The video is the third go at it. 3rd times the charm right??? This is tough without the actual receiver in hand to try and fit it to, also m19x1.5 is not a common thread. Can’t find a nut at the hardware store to test fit it to. When I was building my Austin & Halleck breechplug (metric threads) I measured over wires and nailed it. Hopefully this one works!

I just tracked the shipping. Culp1, even though you haven’t been on in a while, you should see it tomorrow, it’s in Little Rock. Excited to see if this one fits!

I was bidding on some rusty old black diamond parts on ebay that no one seemed interested in. Included a rear cap. Someone sniped it from me at the last second. I was gonna end up with a bolt I could mod to shoot 209s and a spare parts trigger.

Anybody heard from Culp1, the part was delivered a little over a week ago and I haven’t heard a peep, don’t know if it worked or not.....I PM’d him when I sent it no replies. Hope he is ok.

I just started reading this thread. I shoot a T/C Thunderhawk in .54 Cal. I recently bought a .50 Cal Thunderhawk with a roached out bore just for the remaining parts. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this way. My wife thought I was a little crazy for buying a rifle I wouldn't be able to shoot.

I may have to “snail mail” him to see. Maybe he forgot his user name or password lol

Just curious how this all ended up. I see Culp1 hasn't been on here since Feb 2020 ans SDPorter since Dec 2021. Anyone know?
Thanks
John

Back