Blackhorn 209 High Performance Muzzleloading Propellant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donparadowski

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts/reviews or performance results on the Blackhorn 209 High Performance Muzzleloading Propellant?

Don

Isnt that the same powder you posted you have used for several years in your Strike?

Im just trying to understand his question because BH209 has been discussed here so many times since he has been a member and he has posted 20ish times that is what he uses in his T/C Strike. Im not aware of any new version of BH209 being sold yet soooooooooooo?????

On the label of Blackhorn its called "high performance" powder. I'm thinking he just read the label and saw that reference and figured it was a new powder.

On the label of Blackhorn its called "high performance" powder. I'm thinking he just read the label and saw that reference and figured it was a new powder.
That is kinda what i was thinking since the label design changed a little while ago

The only problem with the powder is we can't buy it right now.

Wish shipping wasn't such a problem I could help you guys out. I can find it within an hour or so of me. Last time I was in the shop I believe I saw like 10 cans of it. And it was priced reasonable. I just saw last week a can sell for $155 plus $30 shipping on Gun Broker. Unbelievable!!!!

Yes. I am assuming it is different than "regular BH 209". Am I correct or wrong? The h.p. stuff is a hollow cylinder rather that a small ball thus giving it more surface area to burn. See attached pix.

Attachments

• BH 209 HIGH PERFORMANCE.jpg
    BH 209 HIGH PERFORMANCE.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I've used it for over 10 years and it always looked like the pic up above. An extruded tube, like sections of a small straw. All the same size and I think that's part of the reason it shoots pretty consistent for me anyway.

Wish shipping wasn't such a problem I could help you guys out. I can find it within an hour or so of me. Last time I was in the shop I believe I saw like 10 cans of it. And it was priced reasonable. I just saw last week a can sell for $155 plus $30 shipping on Gun Broker. Unbelievable!!!!
Can you Id the store where you find BH in stock?

Keep checkig midsouth shooters supply, in TN.
They are listing it online fairly frequently. And, at regular prices.

Latest posts

Back