Blackhorn 209 powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I do realize that $55 is a lot of money for 8 or 10 Oz. (I got 10oz bottles when mine arrived)

But I don't understand the thoughts on just waiting for a better price. I work for a worldwide consumer goods company.

The cost of workers, raw materials and labor is not going down therefore the cost of retail product are not going to fall. So the thought of waiting out the price is only going to find yourself paying more.
And as far as shipping, our fleet of trucks burn 50-100 gallon of fuel a day.
$250 -$500 a day cost plus drivers that make $30 per hour. Those are real numbers.

Although I do realize that $55 is a lot of money for 8 or 10 Oz. (I got 10oz bottles when mine arrived)

But I don't understand the thoughts on just waiting for a better price. I work for a worldwide consumer goods company.

The cost of workers, raw materials and labor is not going down therefore the cost of retail product are not going to fall. So the thought of waiting out the price is only going to find yourself paying more.
And as far as shipping, our fleet of trucks burn 50-100 gallon of fuel a day.
$250 -$500 a day cost plus drivers that make $30 per hour. Those are real numbers.
Yeah well, it’s not $55 when you add in shipping and HazMat and probably sales tax. If I could walk into a shop and walk out with it for $55 I’d have no problem with that.

Just got a message from Hodgdon and they have it but limited to 2 8oz containers at $55.80 per 8 oz's.

What would be the same as 83 grains of Blackhorn 209 except in Triple 7?

What is the 83 grains of BH? volume or weight?

No matter the weight of the bullet will also play in to matching T7-2f with the 83gr (vol/Weight) of BH you are asking about if you are trying to match performance.

Doing the math...

I10 grains of T7-2f should work out to be 84.7 by weight

118 grains of BH by volume should be close to 82.6 by weight.

Again, I do not know if I am answering your question.

Latest posts

Back