Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m still wandering how many pounds are produced per lot number?

I'm the odd guy out here, I will burn what's cheap, and save the BH209 for hunting or small range trips. Like throwing a group of 3 in a pizza box at a hundred yards. The best way to make money, is to save money.

With what I now have it will be awhile before I need anymore.I bought this because in Dec.my younger brother and I are to Nebraske for a mule deer hunt with muzzleloaders.Their season is from the 1st -31st that month.White tail or muley.

I have 4 wally worlds within 30 mins, none carry it (I've never seen it there any time of year) ... and I live in a mostly rural area, not in the big city. Tons of hunters around here. SMH

I have 1.5 small jugs, haven't done much shooting with it lately since its hard to come by. Hoping soon 5lb jugs will be available again
Due to the high crime near me. Wal of the Mart no longer carries anything gun related unless you want a old style Daisy BB gun and one pack of BBs. If you drive 12 miles east of that store they actually have guns and all types of accessories! One thing I've never seen at any Wal of the Mart is BH209 powder!

I have the shooting facilities, but my beautiful wife of 41 years has a very serious health issue and I'm the primary care giver. I live vicariously through my grandson's hunting and internet posts like yours.
Kudos to you brother on that primary caregiver gig...my 2nd wife succumbed to cancer in December of 16 after a long and difficult battle with cancer. I was her primary caregiver at home and her older sister when she was on the road to CTCA north of Chicago. I wouldn't wish that journey on anyone. I'm going to send you a PM...please receive it out of love and respect.

Kudos to you brother on that primary caregiver gig...my 2nd wife succumbed to cancer in December of 16 after a long and difficult battle with cancer. I was her primary caregiver at home and her older sister when she was on the road to CTCA north of Chicago. I wouldn't wish that journey on anyone. I'm going to send you a PM...please receive it out of love and respect.

I got your PM. Sorry for your loss. Appreciate your kindness. Unless someone has been a caregiver for a spouse or loved one, it's hard to know how horrible it is.

Cabelas here in Huntsville,AL actually had BH209 in their monthly flier. I looked at their inventory on the web. They showed 2 10 oz. containers. That’s hardly worth the 30 mile round trip since they’re probably sold already. Their price - $49.99.

5 - 10oz bottles at my local malwart. I bought 2. If they're still there next payday im buying 2 more.
They aren't there anymore ...
The Troy Sportsman's Warehouse cancelled my order after waiting 8 days on the quoted 9 day lead-time. So I was on the hunt again when I saw your post.
Snatched up the last 2 at Fowlertucky

OK...I had to delete some posts due to being off topic and getting personal. The original intent of this post was to let forum members know where BH209 was being found and available. It has helped several out to get powder for shooting and this upcoming season. Let's keep this thread about the availability of BH209 please.

Latest posts

Back