Bloodline sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
Buddy of mine ordered some and he said they came with red sabots. Anyone familiar which sabot that is, is it on thicker or thinner side? Thanks

twild said:
Buddy of mine ordered some and he said they came with red sabots. Anyone familiar which sabot that is, is it on thicker or thinner side? Thanks

It is a standard MMP sabot but different color for contract purposes... So the the red .458 would be the same as the MMP HPH Orange .457/.458x50 sabot.

Interesting, so are all the bloodlines .458 for a 50 cal rifle or might he have ordered the wrong ones. I've never paid any attention to them.

twild said:
Interesting, so are all the bloodlines .458 for a 50 cal rifle or might he have ordered the wrong ones. I've never paid any attention to them.

Two of them are.... 458x275 and 458x300

twild said:
He can use any of them. The 275gn is a .458, I think the 300 and 350gn are too. Sabotloader can confirm. The 250gn is a .452. They will all work in his 50cal. Not sure about the 220gn, I forgot what it was :think: .

220gr is a .458 but you can get a Lehigh CF 230gr in .451. My NULA hates the 458 sabot selection for some odd reason. Lehigh made the 230gr .451 partially for this reason. (better sabot selection)

GM54-120 said:
220gr is a .458 but you can get a Lehigh CF 230gr in .451. My NULA hates the 458 sabot selection for some odd reason. Lehigh made the 230gr .451 partially for this reason. (better sabot selection)

Shoot! I forgot about the 220 being a .458 bullet

Yea he got the 300gr's, he's trying different bullets for a upcoming NM elk hunt.

Disc 50 with a wood stock. It's a really gorgeous rifle, saw it last year in Co elk hunting. He's a wildlife biologist from texas, met him first time last year and we've been buddies ever since. He just got a chance at a cancelled muzzy elk hunt in Nm where he can use sabots and a scope, so his mind is in overdrive trying to get things figured out. He is a super guy but doesn't have much Mz experience. Funny story on last years hunt he accidentally brought the orange instead of the red plastic dodads for his rifle and his Thor bullets we had to hammer down the barrel with the camp axe. He swears they loaded easy in the texas heat but not so much up on the mountain. Everything worked out and he shot a real nice bull but he was sweating it for sure. Got him setup with a bare primer adaptor soon after returning from the trip.

Latest posts

Back