Bluing or Browning help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

Reaction score
I just ordered a Traditions Kentucky rifle kit, 33.5" barrel. Which is the best and easiest solutions to use? Birchwood Casey Perma blue paste or liquid kit or Laurel Mountain Forge solutions? I have checked my electric oven and if I take out the racks there seems to be enough room to put the barrel in it if I angle it. IF I go with that what temperature should I set the oven at and how long would I leave the barrel in the oven?

I just ordered a Traditions Kentucky rifle kit, 33.5" barrel. Which is the best and easiest solutions to use? Birchwood Casey Perma blue paste or liquid kit or Laurel Mountain Forge solutions? I have checked my electric oven and if I take out the racks there seems to be enough room to put the barrel in it if I angle it. IF I go with that what temperature should I set the oven at and how long would I leave the barrel in the oven?
All depends on what you like along with skill level and time you have. I have browned several barrels using Laurel Mountain. Blueing (rust) that will last will require boiling or steaming to turn the brown blue, have no experience with the Casey. Not sure of your experience but following directions that come with the product is key. Have fun and learn from the experience.

Latest posts

Back