Bonded Northern Precision Pin-Point Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

Bullet furnished by Mnt. monkey.

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

From muzzle to bottles is 25 yard. Powder charge is 80g Blackhorn

VIDEO

Bullet destroyed the first two bottles; holed the third, and fourth bottle. Bullet left a leak in the fifth bottle on impact and flew off at least ten feet to the right. It took a determined search to find the bullet in the grass

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

VIDEO

Bullet destroyed the first two bottles; holed the third, and fourth bottle. Bullet left a leak in the fifth bottle on impact and flew off at least ten feet to the right. It took a determined search to find the bullet in the grass

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG
Is that bullet "The Bomb"?

I'm going to shoot a six shot group with the bonded version of this and see if it is as accurate as the pointed tip version. If it is and it gives this kind of bullet performance might be another good bullet option.

I've already shot five shot group the first week that I got them it was in a 450-457 Wilson barrel and they shot the same group. Still I like to shoot them in three or four different barrels just so I can draw some conclusions helps me get a better idea of them being a consistent accurate bullet good bullets I think tend to shoot good in multiple barrels. I think I'll post a group and comments on that in the other thread I had started on Northern precision bullets try to keep this thread a little bit more pure to Ron's test it's already kind off topic

I've already shot five shot group the first week that I got them it was in a 450-457 Wilson barrel and they shot the same group. Still I like to shoot them in three or four different barrels just so I can draw some conclusions helps me get a better idea of them being a consistent accurate bullet good bullets I think tend to shoot good in multiple barrels. I think I'll post a group and comments on that in the other thread I had started on Northern precision bullets try to keep this thread a little bit more pure to Ron's test it's already kind off topic

That bullet did pretty good in Ron's test. Are you planning on trying this in smokeless?

I posted group I shot smokeless I shot that bullet with the same charge 64 grains of h 4198 that I shot the pointed tip,, look in the original thread I think it's just entitled Northern precision bullets,, it shot excellent I think it would be a great hunting bullet for smokeless,, I shot the bonded version out of two different smokeless barrels it shot almost is tight a group as the pointed.

I posted group I shot smokeless I shot that bullet with the same charge 64 grains of h 4198 that I shot the pointed tip,, look in the original thread I think it's just entitled Northern precision bullets,, it shot excellent I think it would be a great hunting bullet for smokeless,, I shot the bonded version out of two different smokeless barrels it shot almost is tight a group as the pointed.

When I get my pointed unbonded bullets from Northern precision maybe I can cut the points off of some of them and try them in one of my High Velocity rifles that shoot around 3.000 fps.

I will have to see if I can duplicate Ron's excellent experimental setup for catching the bullet.

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

VIDEO

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG
ow

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

VIDEO

IMG_5642.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

What is the first thing the bullet hits in your bullet tester/catcher? Is that a sheet of cardboard in the picture?

Latest posts

Back