Boring

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
Doesn't it get boring shoot whites, no modifications, no shims, no bushing adjustment, no qla issues, no o rings they just plain shoot . To think its 2020 and that can't be found anymore blows my mind .
Doc sure nailed it .

Got to agree with you.

I just found a container of Pryodex P that's been in the basement for a few years. I think it's still good?? Anyway, I'm thinking of trying it again. I've always got great accuracy with P. I think P is still the cheapest powder out there at least as compared to 777 and definitely Swiss. I know I never experienced a crud ring with it and I can't remember the number of times I could shoot without swabbing the bore. I think it is because P to me always seemed to leave like an oily film in the bbl. Definitely in the breech area so I can only assume it does so in the bore, which is probably why you can shoot so many times without swabbing. You just need to ensure you really clean that bore out well. Hopefully, I'll get back out soon and try it again. If the powder is no good I'll just dump it on the lawn and stay with Swiss for now until I can buy another container of P.

Sprinkle it out on the lawn.

I deer hunted with a buddy several years ago. He was using his Knight MK85 with Pyrodex. (I warned him) and I was using one of my Super 91s with Swiss 3F and one of my 496gr Trashcans. We had both fouled our barrels before loading, then placed a "finger cot" over the end of the barrels.

We hunted in damp conditions for 3 days. He got sick on the second day, and stayed in bed at the hotel we stayed at. We had left the rifles loaded, (but caps removed) in the cab of my truck the entire time since it was very cold out. On day 3, we went out in the morning and towards noon, it really started to rain hard. Knowing he wasn't feeling well, I decided to call it a bust. We unloaded the rifles before we left our hunting grounds by firing them into the ground. Before he fired his off, I noticed something odd at the crown of his rifle. I asked him to look at it, and sure enough, it was orange from surface rust. Looking inside the barrel as far as we could without actually pointing the rifle at your face, we saw the same. He hasn't used Pyrodex since.

Latest posts

Back