BPCR Shooting school

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A chance to learn from the more informed. Smithmoor BPCR School - Shiloh Rifle Forums
I have a better idea and it's free.
Attend a black powder target rifle, or black powder ctg. silhouette match in your own state and start asking questions. Shooters are a great bunch of people and are always willing to help new people get started in the sport. We were all new to the game once. X

Prolly true, it took me all of ten years to learn proper casting, paper patching, loading methods, sight adjustments, loads and powders. If I wasn't hunting I'd go and maybe learn 1 new thing, or maybe not. Most I learned on my own or by asking questions. Matches are a little thin up here although there are a couple respectable shooters. And your right, most folks will share there knowledge.

I did what X ring recommended at the BPCR shoots in Merrill Wisconsin. Those guys were incredibly friendly and helpful. One of the best of them even let me shoot his rifle. They have a lot of experience and they are are very willing to share information, techniques, and any other kind of information you might need. It was free and you make friends

Prolly true, it took me all of ten years to learn proper casting, paper patching, loading methods, sight adjustments, loads and powders. If I wasn't hunting I'd go and maybe learn 1 new thing, or maybe not. Most I learned on my own or by asking questions. Matches are a little thin up here although there are a couple respectable shooters. And your right, most folks will share there knowledge.
where is up here

Yup, SRC has some shooting and a few nice folks but most of their stuff seems to be 100 yds, 200 on a good day. When the weathers not burning up and I'm not afraid to set the woods on fire I have a power line that I can spend the day on and get out to 1000 plus. Eastern Wa.

I have a better idea and it's free.
Attend a black powder target rifle, or black powder ctg. silhouette match in your own state and start asking questions. Shooters are a great bunch of people and are always willing to help new people get started in the sport. We were all new to the game once. X
Yeah, sometimes. You always have a few that think they are the cats meow, and want to "straighten out" anyone that does not conform to their way of thinking. Most of us will help each other, though.

Latest posts

Back