Broke in the super safari today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bore seems a little large according to the .50 cal sizing pack from no excuses. The largest being .504” was almost to easy as it slid down the clean bore by itself..so for the first shot i used a wrap of teflon tape. Then i shot 5 shots at 25 yds. With 90 grs. Pyrodex V, and 420 gr. No excuses., 1075 noble caps. Wow that was fun. Pretty good group, in pic. Then for fun i shot 5 more @100yds., then 5 at 100 grs @ 100 yds, then 5 @ 110 grs @ 100 yds, finally 5 more @ 120 grs @ 100yds. Really got the feel of the gun, reminded me of a 20 gauge shotgun slug recoil. Could not see the gong very good at 100 yds though as front bead seems to cover it up. That coupled with blurry sight picture. Got a lyman sme coming for it and got to get a globe sight for the front. I am hoping that will fix alot of it..love the gun so far it will definitely shoot better than i can see with iron sights.. clean up really nice also with that map cleaner and kroil oil..View attachment 30682View attachment 30683View attachment 30684
Nice shooting, by you & the gun. I love to see a guy that loves shooting & loves his muzzleloader enough to be out in the snow for hrs makin smoke clouds & sending lead down range without a care in the world.
I’ve heard of guys using a wrap of Teflon tape around a loose fitting bullet before, but I’ve always cringed at the idea of it.
Glad to see that worked for ya.
I just recently read about MAP, that’s a lot more economical that any store bought cleaners.
Check out Lee Shavers website, he has the new Parker & Hale front target globe as well as a cpl diff pks of the inverts for them. The globe is a larger dia than the others. I put one on my custom .50 1:24.

Latest posts

Back