Brothers Utah Bull

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentstalker

Reaction score
My brother shot this great bull here in Utah this past monday. Lots of scouting and effort but he was rewarded! We got within 85 yards of him and the CVA Accura MR with 300 gr. XTP Mag did the job! Dropped him in his tracks.

Thought I would share since a bunch of you have helped me develop this load and have answered a lot of questions of mine.

Thanks and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 132
Wow!!!!! That’s a great bull!

What utah season is open right now?

Limited Entry Muzzleloader Elk and general season muzzleloader deer. Our general muzzleloader elk runs in the first week of November. Me and my two youngest have deer tags. Great bull! What unit did he draw?

To answer a couple quick questions,

We were on the Pahvant unit in Central Utah

He hit him in the high shoulder area. But, that gun has killed a bunch of mule deer with this load and not one of them has taken a step either it kills like lightning!

This was DIY with help from a few people that have hunted the area in the past i think he spent 26 days on the mountain scouting bulls it was a lot of fun!

Awesome bull and so was the method of (harvest) ha , that has to be a major thrill to just be in the neighborhood and see him coming . Not gonna happen with me so thanks for posting as it sure looks like fun in pretty country !/Ed

My brother shot this great bull here in Utah this past monday. Lots of scouting and effort but he was rewarded! We got within 85 yards of him and the CVA Accura MR with 300 gr. XTP Mag did the job! Dropped him in his tracks.

Thought I would share since a bunch of you have helped me develop this load and have answered a lot of questions of mine.

Thanks and good luck on your hunts!
Great Bull! What powder was he using?

Back