Bucket list hunt, whats yours?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Saskatchewan B & C Whitetail Deer Muzzleloader Hunt.
I just had the oil changed in our van this morning and was reading a Whitetail magazine while I waited. They had an article in it about some huge Saskatchewan Whities in there. Years ago I was hunting in Montana just a stone's throw from the border and was able to glass some unreal deer on the "other" side. That should be a doable trip .45

I've been fortunate to have taken nearly all the big game I had in my bucket list, except one. I'd still like to get a good brownie but at 79 I think that time has passed. My heart tells me I might still get a chance to tackle a marlin though!

I have completed one list, and that was to harvest a whitetail with all legal means.

Longbow ✔
Recurve ✔
Compound ✔
X-bow ✔
Pistol ✔
Revolver ✔
Shotgun ✔
CF Rifle ✔
40-60 ✔
Muzz ✔
TRUCK ✔
My uncle did the last one with an '88 Olds -- on purpose on the way home from a 9 day season and gettin skunked...Hit him in the ditch. Roughly $900 repair bill...

My uncle did the last one with an '88 Olds -- on purpose on the way home from a 9 day season and gettin skunked...Hit him in the ditch. Roughly $900 repair bill...
My 2001 JEEP harvested a nice 8 pointer during the rut. Ran into my drivers door at 35 mph. $700 to replace the door.

Elk. Akways has been. At 65 i have applied for a muzzy tag in New Mexico. I will keep applying as long as Im upright.
If i draw when im 80, well theres worse ways to go than overdoing it on a elk hunt.
I will give the same advice to younger guys.....GO NOW. Theres always a reason to put it off. If going on your hunt dont create a problem, something else WILL. Be proactive, choose your problems first...before they choose you.

Life is too short to dance with ugly women......

Utah has otc elk tags .My brother and I are going to try and make it this coming year.I believe their muzzy season is after their gun season.I called yesterday and was told that they are going to have more tags this year.Wit a license anf tag it comes to $458.00.You have to call or go on line in July to try and get the tag.I m 72 and he is 68.

I always thought I also would like to do a WILD hog hunt.Not one that grows on a farm but,runs wild in the woods and about 2-300 lbs.Not any here in In.that I know of.
We have plenty in N. Fl. Come on down. No liscene or permits required, can be hunted at night, and any legal weapons can be used. Only land owners permission required. can be hunted all year.

Back