Bucket list Ruger Old Army

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacecars

Reaction score
With David Clements retiring and Gary Reeder no longer doing conversions I figured chances weee slim in finding one of these. It is a David Clements .50 caliber 5 shot Ruger Old Army. I will be adding a Ronnie Wells brass Bisley grip frame to it
BF63CC2A-FE55-4C68-8BAE-3573B0ECFE1F.jpeg

With David Clements retiring and Gary Reeder no longer doing conversions I figured chances weee slim in finding one of these. It is a David Clements .50 caliber 5 shot Ruger Old Army. I will be adding a Ronnie Wells brass Bisley grip frame to it
View attachment 21154
I’ve grafted the SBH frame onto every Old Army I have owned. They just fit… I’m waiting (mostly patiently) for a couple Ronnie Wells hammers and triggers for the next two…

Sadly I have not shot it yet. I finally found caps and FFFg 777 powder and then immediately sent the grip frame to Chig’s Grips to have some Desert Ironwood fitted to it. I must say he did a fantastic job as usual. I got it all back together and boxed it up and sent it to Tyler Gun Works to be engraved. Hopefully in about 4 months I will actually shoot it.

Attachments

• 9E868762-61AD-4C96-9D2D-4EB0D943A0DA.jpeg
    9E868762-61AD-4C96-9D2D-4EB0D943A0DA.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 258BD88D-C904-46B7-AA50-514235B1EF8F.jpeg
    258BD88D-C904-46B7-AA50-514235B1EF8F.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
Sadly I have not shot it yet. I finally found caps and FFFg 777 powder and then immediately sent the grip frame to Chig’s Grips to have some Desert Ironwood fitted to it. I must say he did a fantastic job as usual. I got it all back together and boxed it up and sent it to Tyler Gun Works to be engraved. Hopefully in about 4 months I will actually shoot it.
That’s beautiful! I can’t wait to see it finished.

I think I's just put that gun in a high security, climate-controlled showcase and leave it unfired. What a beauty.

I think I's just put that gun in a high security, climate-controlled showcase and leave it unfired. What a beauty.
Oh no… why would you leave it unfired? it’s not like it’ll be devalued by firing, assuming it’s properly cleaned and cared for. I bet you couldn’t resist shooting it if you actually owned it…

Latest posts

Back