Budget rifle recommendations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new Rifle! I have very little experience with Savage Rifles. But i am very familiar with the .308, AWESOME Cartridge! I am shooting 165 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tips, and 165 Grain Nosler Accubonds in mine (My Custom Reloads) From Mice to Moose the .308 Will Get it done :yeah:

AWESOME choice on your Scope! Leupold has stood the Test of Time, and they continue to Stand :yeah:

Every Savage varmint rifle I've owned has been very accurate with factory loads and the Accu-trigger is great once you get used to it.

dbowling said:
Every Savage varmint rifle I've owned has been very accurate with factory loads and the Accu-trigger is great once you get used to it.

I have heard very good things about Savage, I had a Stainless Bull Barrel Thumbhole Laminate Stock Savage .22 Magnum, That Rifle was a Nail Driver! I Shot little Ground Gophers at 125, even 150 Yards with it. I sold that Rifle Back when the Shells became Scarce to get. I kinda wish i had kept it, But i have a feeling we will see the .22 Shell thing happen again

Idaholewis said:
Congrats on the new Rifle! I have very little experience with Savage Rifles. But i am very familiar with the .308, AWESOME Cartridge! I am shooting 165 Grain Nosler Ballistic Tips, and 165 Grain Nosler Accubonds in mine (My Custom Reloads) From Mice to Moose the .308 Will Get it done :yeah:

AWESOME choice on your Scope! Leupold has stood the Test of Time, and they continue to Stand :yeah:

Yeah my ultimate slam has held it's zero perfect over the years. Sighted once and have not had to touch it since.

Will have to figure out the CDs stuff and get my dial made, usless for the most part in my area but could be nice for the range.

Next step is buying reloading supplies and learning how to use them. Seems worth doing

One very nice thing about the Savage.....barrels are easy to swap and easy to find too. EABCO has a nice selection of reasonable barrels for the Savage. Kit comes with the wrench/gauges too. Most of the bigger names have a nice selection of prefits.

Back