Buffalo SSB's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedawg60

Reaction score
I found a store that has a good number of SSB's in both 375 and 435, 36 count boxes for around $10. I have never shot them but like an all lead bullet. I know either should shoot ok in a Whitetail, but has anyone tried them in an Accura-even though the manual says not to exceed 300gr in a sabot? Should I be ok using BH209, and if the included black sabots (HPH24's?) do not fit well, would substituting a Harvester or a different MMP be ok with the boat tail design?

I shoot the 375 grain in a lot of rifles. A very accurate bullet.

Do they even make SSB's anymore. I thought they stopped making them or went out of business. I loved them out of my Omega.

I haven't been in this store in a good while and never noticed them before. I didn't pick any up because I didn't know much about them. After some googling (is that a word?) it appears they were pretty popular a few years back and like Cayuga stated accurate in most rifles. I plan on going back and getting a few boxes of each soon, unless someone can give me a reason not to, especially with the Accura.

I was shooting them out of my T/C Black Diamond XR and my CVA Staghorn Magnum with some amazing groups. I also know of one person that owned a Black Diamond that elk hunted with the 375 grain shooting 110 grains of T 7 and took a nice elk with great efficiency.

I currently still have several boxes of them left in my stock cabinet and break them out from time to time to try in rifles.

Latest posts

Back