Bullet sizing die

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HC

Reaction score
I am amazed at how accurately the Swinglock bullet sizing die works. Time will tell which bullets will have spring back, and how much. It’s a new venture for me. Many thanks to all that have shared information on bullet sizing over the years.

I recently purchased one, but I haven't had much time to play with it. Many people suggest running a bullet through 2 or 3 times to lock in the size. As soon as hunting season is over, I'll play a lot more.

That's the tough thing about NM. Bear season in August, dove, grouse and squirrel in Sept., deer in Oct., elk in Dec., javelina in Jan., Aoudad in Feb, and turkey in April. LIfe is so hard.

That’s a tough world you live in, having all those seasons to hunt. As far as the sizing goes, the bullets are more consistent if they are run through the die 3 times.

With copper solids I get no spring back. All jacketed bullets I have tried have spring back. I tested this by using a fixed .449 Lee die though I also have Swinglock and Hankins dies. I also run my bullets through 3-4 times for consistency.

Latest posts

Back