Bullet storage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone uses to store and protect their bullets once lubed? Just aquired a T/C Big Bore .58, purchased 510 gr. Minnie balls and 600 gr. Maxi's

I store my .45 and .50 caliber bullets in plastic reloading boxed made for 45 ACP and .500 S&W.

I found not lubing big quantities works best ,they get nasty if not shot when found the following year . As far as short term I use home made wood blocks for range use and those plastic tubes for hunting /Ed

I would cast them and store them in the 45 cal plastic boxes. Then lube and size them when you are ready to shoot them. This way the lube will be soft. Otherwise the lube will eventually get harder if stored too long.

I store cast bullets unlubed, too. I like to use the empty t7 or pyrodex pellet boxes. I get empty ones from friends or at the range. Also the powerbelt packages work pretty well for carrying my lubed bullets to the range.

Back