Bullet Styles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 PP bullets for my Shilohs. A 500 gr Steve Brooks bullet and a 565 gr BACO designed by Kenny Wasserburger . IMG_0108.JPG

Postell (I stil need to shoot/test these) Been sitting on my Counter for 2 Months
xehZUna.jpg

458" nominal diameter, 535 grain, Postell bullet. Designed by Postell for long range target shooting. One of the best long range target bullets ever designed

There is such a dizzying array of bullet styles for BPCR I don't know how you could even pick one. I bought a C. Sharps Arms High Wall 45-70 complete with Lee Shaver sights at an auction last year (2019) for $800. I only bought it because nobody was bidding, it looked new, and I knew that rifle was way over $2K new and those sights ain't cheap either. Plus I already load for 45-70 in my Browning 1886 and I have plenty of .45 cal molds on hand. It came with a Paul Jones mold that guys pay big money for now that he quit making molds. I've only shot it with smokeless and cast bullets for the 1886.

Ya my 500 gr throws out at 510+ at 30-1 also. They were both supposed to have the Gov nose but that's what Jim made me and I'm sure it will work just fine. Gonna whack a bear with it this year, God willing.

Latest posts

Back