burris veracity 2-10x42

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redear

Reaction score
I was just looking on natchez site at scopes on sale and found this burris veracity 30mm tube 2-10x42, SFP cant remember the reticle but I liked the looks of it for 349.95 regular 599.00 GM 54-120 what say ye? should I set the card on fire, lol Is this the scope you were waiting to go back on sale?

Last edited:
I saw the one you are showing here but the one I'm talking about is 349.00 , and its a sfp and a different reticle I believe, it's in the on sale section.

the only thing that gets me with this scope is the 40 moa windage adjustment. How many inches in each direction would that be at 100 yds?

Buy
It

Ive posted that scope at the for sale price a few times. :D Other than the weight i think its awesome scope at that price. Doubt you could find better overall specs expecially in a 2x10x42.

The blem FFP model is $399
https://www.natchezss.com/blemished...mad-low-knob-ballistic-plex-e1-ffp-matte.html
I looked long and hard at the Veracity for my Knight DE. It really is a great deal but, in the end, I couldn't get past it weighing in at 22.7 oz. I ended up purchasing the Signature HD 2-10x42 instead. Bit the bullet and ordered a rail from Murphy Precision the same day. Now I'm just playing the waiting game for everything to arrive.

There was a Burris salesman at the local gunshop many years ago with a cut-a-way Burris and Leupold scope. The Burris was way thicker all the way through. Tough scopes. I had one on my Encore 7mm-08 pistol. In my old age, I like light rifles, and a heavy scope on a light rifle makes no sense. Leupolds are light.

Chris, I hear ya on the weight, being a 30mm tube probably has alot to do with it.

the only thing that gets me with this scope is the 40 moa windage adjustment. How many inches in each direction would that be at 100 yds?

1 MOA is 1.047 inches @ 100 yards, so 40 MOA is 41.88 inches, you will have 20.94 inches to the left and the same amount to the right of your vertical crosshair when centered.

I couldn't get past it weighing in at 22.7 oz. I ended up purchasing the Signature HD 2-10x42 instead.

That has been a big negative for me too. Mainly because its a 2-10x42 that weighs that much. I might as well go up in magnification for a couple more ounces since its intended for the Mountaineer.

I will be curious to see what you think of the Signature HD. IMO that kinda dough for a Chinese made scope is a tad high. At least ive read that the HDs, IVs and the RT lines are all assembled in China.

That has been a big negative for me too. Mainly because its a 2-10x42 that weighs that much. I might as well go up in magnification for a couple more ounces since its intended for the Mountaineer.

I will be curious to see what you think of the Signature HD. IMO that kinda dough for a Chinese made scope is a tad high. At least ive read that the HDs, IVs and the RT lines are all assembled in China.
Yeah, the Knight DE is heavy enough without piling on any extra weight if I don't have to. We'll see about the overall lens quality when it comes in and I get to mount it and play with it a bit. Price wise, I ended up with a pretty good deal after doing a lot of internet searching. I picked it up for less than what I would have paid for the Veracity after taxes and shipping. Now, I just have to wait for everything to arrive. Hoping to get some range time in later this month with the new setup.

I found the Veracity 2-10x42 for as low as $350 at natchez. They run that sale occasionally. So its hard for me to justify nearly the same price for the Sig HD. New model with an unproven track record or a proven older model that gets good reviews.........Still im still hoping Burris did a good job with the Sig HD.....Nice looking scope. At $350 though its a tough pill to swallow.

I found the Veracity 2-10x42 for as low as $350 at natchez. They run that sale occasionally. So its hard for me to justify nearly the same price for the Sig HD. New model with an unproven track record or a proven older model that gets good reviews.........Still im still hoping Burris did a good job with the Sig HD.....Nice looking scope. At $350 though its a tough pill to swallow.
I was looking at that sale with Natchez but by the time I paid taxes, I live in Middle TN, and shipping I'd have been right at the $400 mark. Found the Sig HD 2-10X40 for $377 to my door and figured I'd take the chance on it. Saved a few bucks and a touch over 1/4 pounds of weight. Plan to swap out the straight stock on the DE with a thumbhole in the near future and lighten it up a bit more. I've owned a few Burris scopes in the past and have always been happy with them, so I'm hoping the Sig HD will not disappoint.

I think the reticle is kinda cool......REALLY hope you like the Sig HD. Im tempted to put one on my Super DISC to replace my Omega 3-9x40 but not at $350. I knew i should have bought 2 of the Razors when i had the chance :p

At $350 i would rather have the $300 Sightron 2-10x32 even with the additional $$$ i would need for 30mm rings. Might still get one of them for the 54-120 instead.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/sightron-s-tac-30mm-2-10x32-riflescope.html

Last edited:
I think the reticle is kinda cool......REALLY hope you like the Sig HD. Im tempted to put one on my Super DISC to replace my Omega 3-9x40 but not at $350. I knew i should have bought 2 of the Razors when i had the chance :p

At $350 i would rather have the $300 Sightron 2-10x32 even with the additional $$$ i would need for 30mm rings. Might still get one of them for the 54-120 instead.
It's not the most I've ever paid for a scope but not the cheapest I've paid either. I'll play with that reticle and different loads over the next several months to see if I can get it dialed in. I'm always up for tinkering with something new.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sightron-s-tac-30mm-2-10x32-riflescope.html

Sightron is a Scope i would like to own someday, They are spoken very highly of

I have 2 Sightrons, an SIII 6-24 FFP I switch between a .30 pellet gun and a 700 in .300 Win. The glass is really, really good. That is comparing to a Vortex Viper HST. I also have an SIII 10-50x60 H FT on my Field Target rifle and love it, when I miss, it's all on me.

Only had one Sightron. As you say, I bought it because it was highly spoken of. It was a 36X benchrest scope.

You can't always believe it when people "speak highly" of something......scopes included.

Only had one Sightron. As you say, I bought it because it was highly spoken of. It was a 36X benchrest scope.

You can't always believe it when people "speak highly" of something......scopes included.
I owned on of those 36x scopes as well and wasn't terribly impressed. Haven't bought any other Sightrons to try.

I can think of at least one winning shooter at Friendship that speaks very highly of them and many SML owners have found that Sightrons hold up under bruiser loads and track well. Im talking about the S-TACs or SIII or higherend stuff. The SIs dont look all that great to me. Their customer service when needed also gets good reviews.

I think they used to have a more extensive SII line. A few of those looked nice for the money. What i like about Sightron is they own their factories in Japan and the Philippines. Its not outsourced like most vendors do. This gives them a better handle on quality control.

Back