cabelas hawken carbine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roundball2319

Reaction score
1 minute ago
Good day to you all. I have a friend who will sale me her Cabelas hawken carbine. If i didn't know better i would of said it was brand new and never fired but i know she worked up a load for it one season. since then its been a safe queen. She prefers the single trigger on her t/c new englander. She told me she missed a buck by grabbing the set trigger on the cabelas carbine. I was wondering what your thoughts on that carbine are? Quality wise it looks better then my lyman and t/c renegade. Anybody own one and what loads did it like?

Bet its a faster twist. The carbines usually were. I know they were made by InvestArms of Italy. Chrome lined bore. Good quality. I would buy it. Especially if its a .54

If i rec
What caliber is it? Barrel twist?
If I recall correctly its a 50 cal. Though it could be a 54 cal. Both her and her husband love muzzleloader season and they have showed me through the ropes. He turned 74 this season on the mountain and we hunted at 11800 ft. His wife is 67 and she was up there hunting with us. She likes 50 cal for less kick. I will see tonight. I believe it is 1/24 twist.

My wife bought me one over 20 years ago for a wedding present. It's .50 cal. Shoots conicals real well. I use my CVA most times as it has a slower twist and I can use PRB's. My son upgraded mine to .54 cal. this year due to CPW regulations for elk.

Latest posts

Back