Can anyone recommend a good source to find good cast bullets online?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very pleased with Bullshop before are started loading my own.

I used to be very skeptical of a soft lead HP but them Goulds are about perfect for a 45cal ML if not shot at warp speed. I really dont need the additional range or energy of the heavier 45s for deer. Guys with older Knight 1-30s should really consider the Gould too. Cheap, simple and easy on the shoulder. I think my favorite part is just 70grV makes powder go much further and helps keep costs down. Its still plenty to hammer a deer.

I used to be very skeptical of a soft lead HP but them Goulds are about perfect for a 45cal ML if not shot at warp speed. I really dont need the additional range or energy of the heavier 45s for deer. Guys with older Knight 1-30s should really consider the Gould too. Cheap, simple and easy on the shoulder. I think my favorite part is just 70grV makes powder go much further and helps keep costs down. Its still plenty to hammer a deer.

Let’s not forget if you cast your own lead last longer

I recommend Bullshop Bullets, Lubed with his NASA Lube :lewis: I honestly don’t think you will find better quality Bullets. You will have to Correspond with them through Email, and if you purchase from them you have to Send a Check/MO to them, and they send you the product, There is no way to order from their Website. They are stil in Old Fashion Status.

[email protected]

https://bullshop.weebly.com/bullets.html

I am also looking for a good lead bullet. I followed up on your recommendation and Bullshop quoted a price for bullets "sized to my specification." I only have experience with sizing Parker 275 gr BEs (45 cal). Should my all-lead bullet be sized the same as the Parker or should I go a little larger? Thanks in advance.

I am also looking for a good lead bullet. I followed up on your recommendation and Bullshop quoted a price for bullets "sized to my specification." I only have experience with sizing Parker 275 gr BEs (45 cal). Should my all-lead bullet be sized the same as the Parker or should I go a little larger? Thanks in advance.
I would say it depends on what your looking for as far as Slip fit/push fit. If your looking for something to just use from a bench, I prefer to have a slip fit bullet that I don't have to fight down the barrel. But for hunting (to reduce the chances of the bullet coming off seat) I would rather have something that fits a little tighter in order to hold it in place. Then you have to be able to reload in the field. My strategy is to have a nice push fit full bore bullet for first shot, then use a easier to load bullet for second shot. When sighting in, I use two targets. One for clean bore first shot, then one for dirty bore second shot. Even if point of impact isnt exactly the same, youll know where to hold for compensation

If using BH209 i like them upto .002 over lands. No less than .001 over lands. That is without a doubt larger than i size Parkers for my 45. Powders with more fouling you probably want a tad looser but .001 over is probably fine. Even at .002 over lands a pure lead conical loads pretty easy on a BH209 fouled bore. No short starter is really needed.

Latest posts

Back