Can you feel the burn?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I think I found my people!
So far this year I've made a small batch of Aji Lemon hot sauce (lots of coriander, cumin, garlic, and honey), and a small batch of pineapple & vanilla hot sauce (cayenne and jalapenos, with pineapple and vanilla). I have one more hot sauce I want to make this year, with blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon and habanero. After that I'll probably smoke, dehydrate, pickle, and/or ferment the rest of the pepper harvest.

Here are some of my peppers that are fruiting today. I grew many other varieties this year as well. I started the plants in January, and grew them on hydroponics in the basement until moving them outside in May/June.
View attachment 23181
- Goldie Prawn (300,000 SHU)

View attachment 23182
- Bahamian goal (200,000 SHU)

View attachment 23180
- Death Spiral (1,400,000 SHU)
Man you'll need asbestos toilet paper & a fire extinguisher Bedet after eatin them peppers.

Death Spiral are not usually that hot. I grew them for 2 years and they were no hotter than my ghost peppers. Very cool looking pods though. As far as HOT pepper flavor goes, i prefer the ghosts and CARDI scorpions. The CARDI's crank out the pods. I grew Leviathan Gnarly Scorpions this year. Talk about nasty hot. Its like drinking acetone and then someone gives you a lit match to munch on.

Try Sugar Rush Peach if you like Lemon Drops. They are a milder and sweeter bacattum. Wonderful flavor and mild enough to snack on. Ive grown them a few times and they never got anywhere near as hot as claimed. Brazilian Starfish is another very sweet milder bacattum.

Last edited:
Ultra simple and very mild green sauce. I will get a pH reading later for the one i made

505 Southwest fire roasted hatch chiles. Only 210mg sodium in 2 tbs. You can get a small bottle at Walmart for under $4.
505 Southwest

Ingredients​

Hatch Valley Green Chile Peppers, Garlic Salt (Salt, Garlic), Lime Juice Concentrate.

Blend a half cup with about 1/4 cup of you favorite vinegar. I used a high end Champaign vinegar just because its 7% acidity. Thats it, no cooking or nothing. Just mix, blend and bottle. Keep it in the fridge. It will last for a super long time if the pH is under 4. Blended with the vinegar into a sauce it will be less than 35mg of sodium per tea spoon.

Harvested some today. Planning to smoke and dehydrate most of these tomorrow (maybe make a spice powder?).
1664665177297.png

Latest posts

Back