Can you feel the burn?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am gonna keep these little fellas under this Single bulb Jump Start until they Outgrow it, then Swap the fixture out to my new Agrobrite 4 Bulb, I will have to raise the Agrobrite 4 Bulb up a little as I think it will put out more heat, My Big 4 ft 6 Bulb Agrobrite puts out a fair amount of heat above the fixture

I added a nice layer of Worm Castings around the C. Reapers, and Gave them a little dose of Neptune’s this morning. These little guy’s look nice and healthy, 5 of them will be Plenty to work with! As hot as these are :eek: if i just get a few pods will be good!

You would not believe how much they charge for tiny container of Reapers here. They are over $20/lb. Anything Ghost or above is pretty much that price but during the summer you can find deals at the Farmers Markets. Those tekne dolmasi sweet bells are $2 each but they are huge. Trent in Illinois grew them for the first time last year and sold every single one he grew. Ive got some really excellent hot bells. They look just like a regular bell from the outside. Flesh is thinner and they are jalapeno hot though. :D

I just noticed another little C. Reaper popped up beside another, He is a LATE Bloomer :) He’s gonna get plucked out, I don’t need him, nor would i chance disturbing the Big plant it came up beside. 5 of these plants are PLENTY!
Funny how all of the others popped right up in 8 Days, and this little fella took over 2 weeks

This wasnt that hot but my mouth is numb from the peppercorns.

Dan dan noodles with extra ground Sichuan peppercorns and a little LaoGanMa chilli crisp with black beans on top. I got lazy and left out my homemade pickled mustard and nappa. I was dying from smelling the meat simmer for a couple hours
mGZw3D2.jpg

YJKrw0z.jpg

Just sat down to read the Forum, A little on the hungry side, Came across this post of ALL Things! lol! I gotta go get something to eat now! Thanks Ole Buddy! :D

These little C. Reapers are starting to show some Growth now! The little shot of Neptune’s, and very Tiny amount of Mega Crop in the Arm seems to have kicked them in gear, all 5 plants look about the Same, i just grabbed this 1 for a quick pic. i am seeing noticeable growth daily now

NLOkRQdl.jpg

Its SOOOOOOOO cute :D

Go easy on nutrients this early. Natural stuff that releases slowly is pretty safe. Stuff like kelp meal is awesome for early growth.

Its SOOOOOOOO cute :D

Go easy on nutrients this early. Natural stuff that releases slowly is pretty safe. Stuff like kelp meal is awesome for early growth.

It’s funny how these little fella’s become your Babies :p I peak in on em Fairly often to make sure they are happy :D

I fully agree on the Nutrients, The amount of Mega Crop i used was teeny tiny, I actually weighed it on my digital scale in grams, i cannot remember the exact specs now? But for a 16OZ bottle of Water it came out to like 4 little pebbles :)

Little update on my C. Reapers, I just added my new Agrobrite 4 bulb over them, i had to do a little bit of modification to feel good about the light not Slipping, I’m confident in it now, the little Stand is PLENTY Durable, but I wasn’t confident in the Stock “Lift lock mechanism” of the Jump Start Stand so i added 2 of the Rope/pulley adjusters that you showed the link for on Amazon, It is a Solid Little setup now! Be interesting to see how these plants React to this much more light, 2,000 Lumens to 8,000 These little plants have taken off pretty good the last week or so, hopefully they don’t outgrow me here! This corner of the house is just dead space, So this little 2 ft setup is perfect to utilize the Space
Run time is 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off

MDRh0UNl.jpg

UTLdWTql.jpg

Nice 16hr on and 8hr off is what i keep going back to. They do need time to rest.

Making ham and beans today. Got a bone this time too. I adore this aji panca paste i get. Its a common item for lots of Peruvian dishes. Heat is very low but ooohhhh the flavor. Just a hint of that Hab flavor and a natural smokey kinda thing going on with it also. After its had time to cook for awhile im gunna probably add a little milder diced green jalapeno to it. Walmart has small cans of them with no salt added for under a buck. I like to use the no salt added stuff because stuff with ham in it can get too salty fast.

The stock base is simmering hard atm. Adding the beans in about an hour. I wanted to give the bone some extra cook time before adding the fresh soaked beans. I started the soak yesterday around 1pm.

Done
HiffzG8.jpg

Last edited:
Growth in 10 Days, These Little C. reapers are going nuts under this new 4 Bulb T5 Setup, i just added this Light Setup about Mid Day Saturday, So these guy’s have only been under this new 4 Bulb Light about 3 Full Days now

Same plant, Pic taken 10 Days apart, But the Growth has REALLY started to go Nuts in the last 3-4 Days after adding the new Light, They are REALLY Bulking up
saAmvUem.jpg
BnXcQWwm.jpg

Once they get what they like you see growth accelerate a great deal. The bonnets from last year bulked up fast in the window sill once spring started kicking in. I kept moving them for the east facing wall/window to the west facing wall/window daily.

I cut back my rocoto yesterday and gave it some MaxiCrop. One of them had reached the top of the window frame. :D They are in a south facing window but they still get several hours of sun. Its still too cold to do that with a chinense. The rocotos dont seem to mind it a bit. Ive been testing the temps downstairs with lights on/off. I get roughly 11F difference but off its around 60F so i will have to use a heat mat or other heat source when i start my brown bhuts.

Seco de pollo con papas.....Peruvian chicken stew with cilantro and potatoes. I used dried potatoes so technically it would be Seco de pollo con papas seca. Topped it off with some Aleppo powder.

VUGvDpW.jpg

Another STELLAR looking dish!! Have you started any Seed yet? I sure hope these little Reapers don’t outgrow me! Do you think i will need to Re Pot them in something bigger than these Dixie Cups?

These little C. Reapers are going nuts under this new T5 4 bulb, they are REALLY Bulking up! :D

0uzqPm6.jpg

Nice!!! i havent started yet. I will in a couple more days. Most of the basement is a bit too cold so im still making space for them in the room i keep warmer. The other part is ok when the lights are on but too cold when they are off.

I was craving beef, barley and veggie soup....Sorta spicy but not much. A little aji panca paste, a few whole dried Sichuan peppers from last year and a little Aleppo again at serving time.

Man does it hit the spot on a cold day.
XDp9HOP.jpg

AvH9BR3.jpg

I started My Rocoto Seeds, and my Little Thai’s last night. They are in the Sweaty/Balmy Mini Green House Dome Now on top of my Seed Germination Heat Pad. Hopefully they Come up as well as everything else has for Me. My C. Reapers are GOING Like Wildfire now!

Back