Can you feel the burn?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look REALLY GOOD!! Nice healthy looking plants!! I just picked up a tiny Jiffy dome (12 is all :p) I am gonna try and Germinate some of my Mini Reds from last years Seed

They are a little bit leggy but i cant do anything about that yet. Had light snow today too right after that pic. The plan is to get them outside early even if i need to bring them inside at night. That way i might get early fruit before the night time temps get too high. They will probably get huge over the summer. Planning on putting them on the north side of the house when it gets hot. That side gets very little direct sun.

They are a little bit leggy but i cant do anything about that yet. Had light snow today too right after that pic. The plan is to get them outside early even if i need to bring them inside at night. That way i might get early fruit before the night time temps get too high. They will probably get huge over the summer. Planning on putting them on the north side of the house when it gets hot. That side gets very little direct sun.

That sounds like a good plan, I had My Mini Reds in the Front of my house where they only got the first few hrs of Sunrise, After that they remained in the Shade the entire Day. When are you safe from last Frost?

We normally make it well into October before the first frost but most of my peppers wont produce that late because its too cold. Pretty much anything as hot as a habanero is done except a rocoto which can be close. I had lots of fresh jalapenos still on the plants at the start of October.

Bonnie Mucho Nacho are still really hard to beat and seedlings are common. I dont even bother starting them from seeds. They produce early and produce heavy. Early pods are a little milder but still good.

Must try hot sauce. No wimps though, this one will light you up.
9e0aMAz.jpg

Where do you get that Hot sauce at? Looks “Spooky” Hot!

I am soaking a Dozen of Mini Red Rocoto Seeds From last year, I might try the Paper towel Germination with these?

Amazon. Its about $11 a bottle. Regular price is around $12-13. Its stupid hot but a tad sweet so it fools you a little. My mouth is still on fire!!!!

Burns and McCoy Exhorresco
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07215M16K/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Exhorresco is one of the hottest all natural hot sauces in the world. We combined the 7 Pot Primo with the perfect blend of spices, agave, oak aged apple cider vinegar, black garlic and yuzu juice.

This sauce is no joke and you must use extreme caution when using this sauce.

Reaper update! :D

These things are outgrowing me! I wish we were closer GM54-120, i would love to give you a Couple of these!

This picture doesn’t do the plants any justice
amIBKTA.jpg

These guy’s are getting BIG, and everyone of them are starting to Flower
gcdReG6.jpg

Yeah shipping plants is a real PITB. Not only do you need to package them well, you need to tape something over the soil in the cup so it wont fall out. A piece of cardboard over it with a slit for the stem is how CCN ships them. Havent had a dead one yet.

The Tropical Pepper Co. Scorpion arrived today. Its pretty toxic too :D Heat is much more up front with a strong vinegar bite to it. Almost tastes like a hint of smoke and tomato but none is listed on the label. Its just peppers, vinegar and salt. Personally i felt it was hotter than the Burns & McCoy. Interesting flavor though considering the ingredient list. If you want something that is mostly just hot without extract i can see its appeal. Worth the $6 i paid for sure and puts the stuff ive tasted from Daves to shame in flavor. Aside from the Scorpion pepper flavor, heat and aroma its pretty mundane and rather salty.

Loved the color, chunks of peppers and great heat. So to be kind im not going to break it down but rather give it a overall score of 7/10 and a 9/10 for heat.
aG38iVz.jpg

a6EUJCY.jpg

I could not finish the sauce i had on the plate.....Well i could have but did not really want to.
WS1QwJe.jpg

Yea that stuff SCREAMS HOT! :D

It would be a NIGHTMARE trying to ship a Couple of Plants in this Weather, it is 4 degrees here this morning! It has Been this same steady cold the Whole month of Feb

It is stupid hot. I chose not to finish the amount i had on the plate. Had capsicum cramps before going to bed last nite and i seldom get that from hot sauce. The Burns & McCoy is almost as hot and has better flavor too.

4 drops of B&M on a hotdog really wakes it up but its not overboard. Goes great with 1000Island dressing and semi spicy kraut (simple kimchi)
RIPs65X.jpg

Got my seed sorting done. I divide mine up into weeks harvested and i even have some from selected pods for some varieties like the P Dreadie bonnets i have a "select" grade (not pictured). Those i set aside earlier. My first Aleppos have little chance of being crossed. No other peppers had blooms so those are limited amounts. Those seeds came to me as isolated and that seed stock came from Syria. Nearly impossible to get now.

I got way more seeds than this.
cJhB7lm.jpg

I saved the seeds from the rocotos you sent me. The seeds are MASSIVE compared to the originals.

Mini Red
jRSzCYW.jpg

MiraFlores
cbenS0u.jpg

You got some pepper seed there my friend :D!!

I noticed the same thing with the Rocoto Seeds, the seeds from the ones i grew are WAY WAY Bigger than the original, I wonder why that is? I have had 12 of the Mini Reds in the Paper Towel/Ziplock Germination Trick, I didn’t write down what day i started? I tried to go back through here and see if i spoke of it? I remember getting the little 12 Peet Dome, But I didn’t start these til several days after that. Anyway, I have kept them Elevated inside the little Dome on my Seed Germination pad for Heat, I picked the Ziplock up yesterday and held it to light, I am 99% sure i seen the very start of Tails. How long do you let them Go before getting them in Cups?

I made a decision to Prune my C. Reapers the other Day, These Things have REALLY outgrown me, They were reaching the Top of my Light Setup fast! They had all kinds of little Flowers on them, I started them to Early. I cut at least a 1/4 of the Top out (4-5 inches) Believe it or not, They look really good! I didn’t trim any Leaves, Just picked a Good Spot above Leaves and Lobbed them off! Will be interesting to See what they do? I have a feeling they will Branch out and Do Good, Time will tell? I got to thinking about these C. Reapers, i stil have a Full 2-1/2 Months to go with these guys in the House
It’s not fully Safe to Get plants outside here until the last week of May, I got away with it Last year and Got everything out in Early May (Very Risky Here!) We have Stayed in Solid Freezing for 4 months (it is 3 degrees here right now as i type this) The Ground here would be Frozen DEEP, When planting in the Ground here at the end of May, Plants Don’t like it, They “Hang Up” From the COLD COLD Ground, About late June Everything Takes off! Planting in Pots elevated off the Ground here is the Best way to Go for Peppers, and Tomatoes, They get the Warmth from the Sun Through these Black Pots this way

I like to make sure the seed is fully split open before it goes in a little pot. That way you avoid the "helmet effect" on the baby leaves.

Im certain the original rocoto seeds were much smaller.

Lay me doon in the cold cold ground

Some of the Seed Hull Helmets can be a Real BOOGER! I just dealt with that a few weeks ago on my little Thai plants i started from seed i saved back last year.

I need to Play that Video to my Plants when they head for the Ground the End of May :D

Just got this to try out since im getting low on dried pods. They wanted more for dried pods so i went with the powda. Around $12 on Amazon. I tasted a small sample. Very mild heat and a slight bitterness i dont get from my homegrown. Hints of berry or raisin. Otherwise its pretty good. Im checking this weeks grocery ads atm to see what sounds good.
XZNvO5H.jpg

BTW im sending a guy in Spokane some of your seeds. He wanted a rocoto he knows for sure does well in your climate.

Just a little burn tonite. Almost nothing really. A mild chicken, onion and potato curry with a mildish Aleppo pepper powder added.
WVHA41p.jpg

GM54, I wish you REALLY Good Luck with your Peppers this Year!! I have sure had a lot of fun here, and learned a Lot from you, Thank you for everything my Friend!

10 Aji Panca are sprouted and looking good.....Sure hope i can find homes for the extra. These rock for milder peppers and Peruvian foods.
7 Big Brown Bhuts are sprouted and looking good. Might get 1 more that germinated.
Bunch of Zapotec, Sugar Rush Peach and Antep Aci Dolma germinated today and went into peat pellets.
Bolsa De Dulce just started to break out of the seeds. They should be ready for pellets or media is a couple days.

2 Papa Dreadie and 1 Trenton Farmer's Market bonnets just popped up from pellets today too.

Back