Can you feel the burn?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by GM54-120, Aug 3, 2016.

Modern Muzzleloader

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

1. May 7, 2019 #781

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Administrator Staff Member ADMIN Global Moderator

That Aji Oro has grown more in the last week or so than it did in a month. It sat there for weeks with 2 leaves on it. The Naglah brown did the same thing. They drove me nuts.

I got a bunch that are giving me just a little problem getting a nice green. All the bhuts and Aleppos mainly. Almost burned the bhuts giving them calcium nitrate. Only 1 showed minor nutrient burn. New growth on the bhuts looks better. They should go crazy once they can handle full sun. Most look really good. The yellow shade cloth throws off the real color a little.

2. May 8, 2019 #782

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

6 grand for a 8x13 greenhouse is insane. You could buy a huge shed kit for a fraction of that and just cover it with the right material during the spring and summer. Convert it back to a shed for winter.

I wonder what they want for the really small one they have on their website....Cant find pricing anywhere without calling but i know i can buy a decent 10x12 shed type building for under $3000 locally

3. May 8, 2019 #783

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

They want a person to call for pricing, that way they can tell you about the Gold Inlay in the Cover that gives a RICH reflection, in turn making your plants go CRAZY :rolleyes: :D

When i ran across them and watched that Video above of the 8X13 i just knew my search for a Greenhouse had come to an end!! Then i seen the Price :( 6 Grand doesn’t even make sense???

The Way they go together is simply AWESOME!! If i had one, i would Set it up about March, take it back down the End of May and Store it away in my Basement. Take down, and setup with Their Frame setup would be a cinch, It should last a lifetime and then some the way i would use it. But I won’t be getting 1 at their RIDICULOUS price. For 6 Grand around here I could probably have a 24X24 Metal sided (Pole building) Garage Built, i bet it would be close!

4. May 8, 2019 #784

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Just a quick look today seems like they are starting to green up more in the higher temps than inside and the rain water vs tap. Might have to move them under the deck or in the garage later. Weather might get a little too rough if the front is a direct hit here.

Looks like Friday night is the only low temp that is a bit of a concern. 49F is a little lower than i like but i think some of the annuums will handle it fine. Might put the Anteps in their pots today or tomorrow. Just keep a couple extra in a safe place to be sure. Its one of the peppers everyone liked and i would love to get more this year than last year.

My Liana yard long beans arrived today from Southern Exposure. Great early Asian long bean variety. Going to get them germinating today and the gherkins. Had to wait on both because they like warmth and i didnt want a jungle inside.
    http://www.southernexposure.com/beans-asparagus-beans-long-beans-c-3_5_62.html

5. May 10, 2019 #785

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Homemade refried beans...totally from scratch

Well that recipe is a GO!!!! Pops tried them....Thumbs Up!!!...Bro tried them and first thing he did was run for some flour tortillas.

About 4 cups of cooked beans (mix of mostly small reds and some canary)
    2 heaping tbs of premium lard
    4-5 tbs of finely minced red shallot
    1 finely minced jalapeno (deseeded first)
    Almost 1 tsp cumin
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    Enough bean water to process (beans, 2 tbs onion flakes, 1 tbs Better than Bullion chicken and 1 tsp aji panca powder)

I didnt see any reason to whip them up any further. They are pretty creamy. I just used the slotted spoon to mash them and stir the hell outta them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Idaholewis and ShawnT like this.
  6. May 11, 2019 #786

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

Just a bowl of those and some Corn chips for me!:lewis: No spoon needed and I'd lick the bowl clean!

We need that little Drooly guy for your posts here!:D

7. May 11, 2019 #787

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Thats the way i eat them mostly.....wiff cheeps.

I will look for a drool smiley. Thats an easy one.

8. May 12, 2019 #788

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

The upstairs crew i have to move from east to west windows DAILY. The 5 on the right are my best aji panca. Big one in the middle is Joe's Long Cayenne.
    [​IMG]

Bonnets i brought inside before temps dropped. Didnt want to chance them in the rain and upper 40s.
    [​IMG]

The weather didnt seem to bother the others too much.
    [​IMG]

5 more panca i have as backups/extras. First ones are going outside tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Couple extra Bolsa de Dulce.....Really nice little guys once they start to go.
    [​IMG]

The Liana beans i sprouted. Totally impressed with the germination rate.
    [​IMG]

Idaholewis likes this.
  9. May 13, 2019 #789

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Looking for a better one but until then....
    :drool:
    :drooling:

10. May 13, 2019 #790

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

11. May 15, 2019 at 5:27 PM #791

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Another night of light rain but the sun came out and its warm.

Antep Aci Dolma.....got two more still in cups
    [​IMG]

Bonnets on left...Brown Bhuts on the right....man them bhuts grow slow for me
    [​IMG]

Zaps are shaking off that yellowish tint slowly...2 Mucho Nacho in the rear are doing awesome
    [​IMG]

Another group shot. Large ones are my precious aji pancas.
    [​IMG]

SRPs are trying to flower on me already
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think all the burr gherkin seeds i saved germinated and beans will be heading outside very soon.
    [​IMG]

I really had not planned on these beans until i found the seeds in stock.
    [​IMG]

Idaholewis likes this.
  12. May 16, 2019 at 8:24 AM #792

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

Awesome Stuff GM54 :lewis: I Wonder if those Aji Panca’s would Do ok here?

13. May 16, 2019 at 3:54 PM #793

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Maybe but they take FOREVER to ripen. I had green pods that took well over a month. Probably 2 months to ripen.

14. May 16, 2019 at 4:53 PM #794

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

About half of a leftover pork tenderloin, canna pinto beans, Williams white chili mix, tiny bit of chicken stock, a market jalapeno and red onion. Didnt feel like taking forever to cook so i used canned beans. Made just enough for 2 servings.
    [​IMG]

ShawnT likes this.
  15. May 17, 2019 at 12:39 AM #795

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

:drool::drool::drooling::drooling: Pass the corn bread please!:D

16. May 18, 2019 at 11:53 AM #796

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

I am seeing my first True Pods on my Zapotec’s ;) I can’t wait to Try these things!! I love Jalapeño’s on just about Everything, maybe even Morning Cereal :p

This is gonna be a Boring Year for me with Pepper Variety, I have the C. Reapers, these Poor things have been Badly TORTURED!! Completely Topped 2 Different times, the last time I literally Cut them down to about a 2-3” Stob, I started them WAY to early, they Completely Outgrew my house, and Grow light setups 2 Different times. I took them outside in April (like a Dummy!) and Got them Frost Bit, They lost all of their Leaves, i saved 3 out of the 6 and Brought them Back inside the House and Under a Light, They actually look really Good now, They have little Flowers starting all over on them :lewis:

I have the 5-6 Zapotec Jalapeño’s, a few Farmers Market Jalapeño’s, a few Numex Lemon Spice Jalapeño’s, and a few of GM54s Mucho Nacho’s.

17. May 18, 2019 at 12:40 PM #797

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

This is the little C. Reapers, This was Back in April when i took them Outside after they had been Topped 2 Times, less than a Week from this pic it Frosted Hard, i had them in my Garage at night, the Potting Soil was So cold it was uncomfortable to my hand, i knew better! But stil tried it anyway, and it Backfired. The Hard Frost Bit Them Through my Garage and they Lost EVERY leaf, i Only kept 3 of the 6 Plants to Bring back in the House and Try to get going again. Lucky I didn’t lose them
    [​IMG]

And here they are this Morning, BIG improvement! :lewis: I am gonna keep these guy’s in the Warm House til it Warms above 50 at night Outside, we have stayed in the 40s So far this month, I will get these Guy’s out and Planted the first week of June, I think i will start moving Them Outside During the Day so the Bees can do their Magic with them :lewis:

New Shoots coming from the SEVERELY Topped Stobs, My Only Thought is they might be Weak and Split in a Bad Wind? But They seem Very Durable, be interesting to see how they end up doing
    [​IMG]

Over head view of 2 of them, my 3rd Plant is a bit Smaller than these 2, it was Slow coming back, But has REALLY took off in the last Week, it is Close to these 2 Now
    [​IMG]

The Top clusters of all 3 Plants are Covered in these :lewis:
    [​IMG]

GM54-120 likes this.
  18. May 18, 2019 at 3:04 PM #798

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Your plants are a great shade of green and thick stalks. When roots run out of space the plant will start to flower sometimes. Up potting and pinching off nodes will help slow it down if you want to do it.

I have to up pot my Joes Long Cayenne today. It got to about 2ft tall in a tiny starter cup. Probably just take it outside and keep it shaded for a few days. Its got a bunch of flowers on it all ready. I planted 5 pancas yesterday in the raised bed. Probably plant the 5 brown bhuts today. They are so small but im outta ideas to make them take off. A bunch more are ready for their summer pots too.

19. May 19, 2019 at 10:56 AM #799

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

I am a FIRM Believer in Water PH, With our Water having a PH of nearly 8.0 it is WAY to high for Plants to Thrive, They “lock out” and can’t take up Nutrients. After watching my Rocotos last year, and the 1 i gave my Dad (My Best Plant) it made an ABSOLUTE Believer out of me. My Dad is on his own Well Water but the PH is the Same High 7s to 8.0 as mine. I watched my Plants become Trees, Green as a Gord, and LOADED with Pods. Dad’s Plant Started to Yellow, and Hardly grew. At the end of the Season he did get a Few Nice Ripe pods, But NOTHING even Remotely Close to Mine, In fact you would never have believed they were of the Same Plants if you didn’t know better. Plants will stay alive with High PH Water, But that’s about all they do, They Don’t Thrive.

I decided to Start catching Rain Water for my Seedlings, i have 4 of those 5 Gallon “Primo” Refillable Water Jugs, i have a Cheap Pump Spout that i got at Wally World to Go in them, Since we don’t use this Setup for drinking water anymore i designated it to Rain Water. This setup worked AWESOME for my Seedlings this year, All of my Plants have Gotten Rain Water, and ONLY Rain Water thus far (C. Reapers in photo Above) The problem now, and coming up is Dependability on Rain, We went through a Long Dry spell this May, it just Rained the last few days and Allowed me to Refill all 4 Jugs, But that’s not gonna last no time at all in Nice Warm/Hot June Weather with Fast Growing Plants such as my Tomatoes. I will use up this Rain Water by the end of the Month, then i will Transition over to Filtered Water in my 110 Gallon Stock Tank, treated with Sulfuric Acid (Battery acid)

20. May 19, 2019 at 11:28 AM #800

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Supporter Supporter

Anyone with High PH Water really should try this Sulfuric Acid! It works, and works VERY well :lewis: I admit i was Skeptical, and kind of afraid of messing with the Stuff at first, But i came up with a Way that makes it SIMPLE to Do! I mix 5 Gallons at a Time, as i need it for Watering, that way the plants are getting it Nice n Fresh. I dip up about 2 Gallons of Water out of my 110 Gallon Stock Tank, i ad a 1/2 Teaspoon of Sulfuric Acid to it, then fill it the rest of the Way up with Water, i use a Long Plastic type Stir Stick and Stir it up good for Good measure (Probably not needed) Then water my Plants.

At first i tried pouring the Acid from the Container in to the 1/2 Teaspoon, i was able to do it, But i could also see an Accidental Spill MESS just waiting to happen, and I didn’t want that stuff on me, or possibly Breathing it like that. Simply put I didn’t like the Pour from Jug method at all! I went to my Local Napa Auto parts store and Bought a Nice Little Antifreeze Tester (Mini turkey Baster) i pulled the Rubber Squeeze bulb off and Dumped the Antifreeze Test Beads out, This Little Baster works STELLAR! Not only does it make getting the Acid out SUPER easy, and Perfectly filling the 1/2 Teaspoon, The Black Rubber Squeeze Bulb also acts as a Stopper to the Acid Bottle. It is really SIMPLE to do! My Plant Results last year using this method proved it’s worth OVER N OVER to me :lewis: