Can you feel the burn?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assorted bonnets and maybe a naglah brown is in there too. Thats another stupid hot variety from NuMex pepper institute.
SBs58Zn.jpg

Mostly brown bhuts and 1 bonnet
ZDxM7F2.jpg

My best Trenton Farmer Market bonnet
Cb0X5i3.jpg

The Aji Oro rocoto woke up FINALLY
KYyyb5A.jpg

My 6 Zapotecs
hgGXXoz.jpg

AWESOME stuff GM54!!! I have REALLY high hopes in that Aji Oro Rocoto you got going their!! I want some seed out of that Guy!!

I ended up Building/Throwing Together a Hoop House, It works STELLAR :lewis: It gets lowered to the Ground at night, By 9-10am it gets Lifted so it can Vent for the Day, Plants are doing AWESOME in it! No more worries of Spring Winds Beating everything to death, it is HORRIBLE around here for that in the Spring time, it’s usually Calm in the Mornings but by Mid Day the Wind Starts in. It can get rather Nasty, Tatters the Leaves to pieces.
jDcVdmQm.jpg
WHkOwS7m.jpg

This Weatherport is the Green House i would LOVE to have! But at nearly 6k :eek: i don’t see one in my near Future. I will probably end up building a Nice one myself, i have the Carpentry Skills and Tools, i just need to do it!

Check this thing out, What an AWESOME Setup!!

Weatherport Makes some INCREDIBLE Greenhouses, Check this out, Automated light Deprivation setup. This is a Bit much for an Arm load of Pepper plants :D But Cool to look at!

That Aji Oro has grown more in the last week or so than it did in a month. It sat there for weeks with 2 leaves on it. The Naglah brown did the same thing. They drove me nuts.

I got a bunch that are giving me just a little problem getting a nice green. All the bhuts and Aleppos mainly. Almost burned the bhuts giving them calcium nitrate. Only 1 showed minor nutrient burn. New growth on the bhuts looks better. They should go crazy once they can handle full sun. Most look really good. The yellow shade cloth throws off the real color a little.

6 grand for a 8x13 greenhouse is insane. You could buy a huge shed kit for a fraction of that and just cover it with the right material during the spring and summer. Convert it back to a shed for winter.

I wonder what they want for the really small one they have on their website....Cant find pricing anywhere without calling but i know i can buy a decent 10x12 shed type building for under $3000 locally

6 grand for a 8x13 greenhouse is insane. You could buy a huge shed kit for a fraction of that and just cover it with the right material during the spring and summer. Convert it back to a shed for winter.

I wonder what they want for the really small one they have on their website....Cant find pricing anywhere without calling but i know i can buy a decent 10x12 shed type building for under $3000 locally

They want a person to call for pricing, that way they can tell you about the Gold Inlay in the Cover that gives a RICH reflection, in turn making your plants go CRAZY :rolleyes: :D

When i ran across them and watched that Video above of the 8X13 i just knew my search for a Greenhouse had come to an end!! Then i seen the Price :( 6 Grand doesn’t even make sense???

The Way they go together is simply AWESOME!! If i had one, i would Set it up about March, take it back down the End of May and Store it away in my Basement. Take down, and setup with Their Frame setup would be a cinch, It should last a lifetime and then some the way i would use it. But I won’t be getting 1 at their RIDICULOUS price. For 6 Grand around here I could probably have a 24X24 Metal sided (Pole building) Garage Built, i bet it would be close!

Just a quick look today seems like they are starting to green up more in the higher temps than inside and the rain water vs tap. Might have to move them under the deck or in the garage later. Weather might get a little too rough if the front is a direct hit here.

Looks like Friday night is the only low temp that is a bit of a concern. 49F is a little lower than i like but i think some of the annuums will handle it fine. Might put the Anteps in their pots today or tomorrow. Just keep a couple extra in a safe place to be sure. Its one of the peppers everyone liked and i would love to get more this year than last year.

My Liana yard long beans arrived today from Southern Exposure. Great early Asian long bean variety. Going to get them germinating today and the gherkins. Had to wait on both because they like warmth and i didnt want a jungle inside.
http://www.southernexposure.com/beans-asparagus-beans-long-beans-c-3_5_62.html

Homemade refried beans...totally from scratch

Well that recipe is a GO!!!! Pops tried them....Thumbs Up!!!...Bro tried them and first thing he did was run for some flour tortillas.

About 4 cups of cooked beans (mix of mostly small reds and some canary)
2 heaping tbs of premium lard
4-5 tbs of finely minced red shallot
1 finely minced jalapeno (deseeded first)
Almost 1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
Enough bean water to process (beans, 2 tbs onion flakes, 1 tbs Better than Bullion chicken and 1 tsp aji panca powder)

I didnt see any reason to whip them up any further. They are pretty creamy. I just used the slotted spoon to mash them and stir the hell outta them.
rfXwAuy.jpg

ppql9tn.jpg

Just a bowl of those and some Corn chips for me!:lewis: No spoon needed and I'd lick the bowl clean!

We need that little Drooly guy for your posts here!:D

Thats the way i eat them mostly.....wiff cheeps.

I will look for a drool smiley. Thats an easy one.

The upstairs crew i have to move from east to west windows DAILY. The 5 on the right are my best aji panca. Big one in the middle is Joe's Long Cayenne.
OLN2LvV.jpg

Bonnets i brought inside before temps dropped. Didnt want to chance them in the rain and upper 40s.
O29mMnJ.jpg

The weather didnt seem to bother the others too much.
zjDFVo1.jpg

5 more panca i have as backups/extras. First ones are going outside tomorrow.
8jIBZOk.jpg

Couple extra Bolsa de Dulce.....Really nice little guys once they start to go.
j1w7w4Z.jpg

The Liana beans i sprouted. Totally impressed with the germination rate.
pzHUlTN.jpg

Another night of light rain but the sun came out and its warm.

Antep Aci Dolma.....got two more still in cups
CQf7OSS.jpg

Bonnets on left...Brown Bhuts on the right....man them bhuts grow slow for me
7fTitCC.jpg

Zaps are shaking off that yellowish tint slowly...2 Mucho Nacho in the rear are doing awesome
hW5eYAC.jpg

Another group shot. Large ones are my precious aji pancas.
vJi4OE4.jpg

SRPs are trying to flower on me already
kns41WO.jpg

hC3ue5t.jpg

I think all the burr gherkin seeds i saved germinated and beans will be heading outside very soon.
UW9PWlI.jpg

I really had not planned on these beans until i found the seeds in stock.
trViEGq.jpg

Maybe but they take FOREVER to ripen. I had green pods that took well over a month. Probably 2 months to ripen.

About half of a leftover pork tenderloin, canna pinto beans, Williams white chili mix, tiny bit of chicken stock, a market jalapeno and red onion. Didnt feel like taking forever to cook so i used canned beans. Made just enough for 2 servings.
SOtS4hp.jpg

I am seeing my first True Pods on my Zapotec’s ;) I can’t wait to Try these things!! I love Jalapeño’s on just about Everything, maybe even Morning Cereal :p

This is gonna be a Boring Year for me with Pepper Variety, I have the C. Reapers, these Poor things have been Badly TORTURED!! Completely Topped 2 Different times, the last time I literally Cut them down to about a 2-3” Stob, I started them WAY to early, they Completely Outgrew my house, and Grow light setups 2 Different times. I took them outside in April (like a Dummy!) and Got them Frost Bit, They lost all of their Leaves, i saved 3 out of the 6 and Brought them Back inside the House and Under a Light, They actually look really Good now, They have little Flowers starting all over on them :lewis:

I have the 5-6 Zapotec Jalapeño’s, a few Farmers Market Jalapeño’s, a few Numex Lemon Spice Jalapeño’s, and a few of GM54s Mucho Nacho’s.

This is the little C. Reapers, This was Back in April when i took them Outside after they had been Topped 2 Times, less than a Week from this pic it Frosted Hard, i had them in my Garage at night, the Potting Soil was So cold it was uncomfortable to my hand, i knew better! But stil tried it anyway, and it Backfired. The Hard Frost Bit Them Through my Garage and they Lost EVERY leaf, i Only kept 3 of the 6 Plants to Bring back in the House and Try to get going again. Lucky I didn’t lose them
JXmJJDRl.jpg

And here they are this Morning, BIG improvement! :lewis: I am gonna keep these guy’s in the Warm House til it Warms above 50 at night Outside, we have stayed in the 40s So far this month, I will get these Guy’s out and Planted the first week of June, I think i will start moving Them Outside During the Day so the Bees can do their Magic with them :lewis:

New Shoots coming from the SEVERELY Topped Stobs, My Only Thought is they might be Weak and Split in a Bad Wind? But They seem Very Durable, be interesting to see how they end up doing
XqD0Cvil.jpg

Over head view of 2 of them, my 3rd Plant is a bit Smaller than these 2, it was Slow coming back, But has REALLY took off in the last Week, it is Close to these 2 Now
VjPf6wG.jpg

The Top clusters of all 3 Plants are Covered in these :lewis:
uWDfWx2.jpg

Latest posts

Back