Can you feel the burn?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by GM54-120, Aug 3, 2016.

Modern Muzzleloader

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

1. Aug 4, 2019 #821

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

I was wondering about the caking,I was calling it packing. I just smack the side of the bottle. I'll check it out Thanks!

Last year I found the Jalapeno powder and it is $7 for a 6oz bottle but that is a local store brand. But when I started looking at it online I was shocked how much it costs. I had planned to get a dehydrator anyway and my brother has a garden and he gets a 6 pack of plants for cheap, so seemed like a good idea. Shipping them to me and back adds to the cost though but it is our own!;):cool:

2. Aug 5, 2019 #822

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

GM,

Do you Freeze bulk powder or do you find it not needed?

Thanks,

3. Aug 5, 2019 #823

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Administrator Staff Member ADMIN Global Moderator

I do freeze some powder. I had Korean pepper flakes mold on me when i get 2lb bags of them.

4. Aug 5, 2019 #824

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

Thanks! Was thinking I might need too. Seems another box of peppers is headed my way this week.:D

5. Aug 6, 2019 #825

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Bonnet hot sauce coming soon. They are such beautiful peppers.

Papa Dreadie Scotch Bonnet
    [​IMG]

Trenton Farmers Market Scotch bonnet
    [​IMG]

A few Scotch Brains for a little more zip :D
    [​IMG]

I got more than this but some are set aside for seed stock. They will be added after i get the seeds removed
    [​IMG]

6. Aug 7, 2019 #826

ShawnT

ShawnT

ShawnT

I tasted just a dab of the Hab powder I made. I was crying like a little baby for a good while and felt I about burned the tip of my tongue!:eek::hot:
    Just looking at those Scotch peppers brings tears to my eyes.

My Brother told me that he has a lot of Super Chili peppers so those should be coming my way.

These are his plants. But he thinks they are pretty much done for the year. They have been in a bit of a drought.
    upload_2019-8-6_19-10-53.jpeg

He just texted me and said this batch shipping tomorrow. More Jalapeno and Serrano later. I just started crying again looking at those habs in the left.

Several super chili at the bottom of the pic.

upload_2019-8-6_19-12-21.jpeg

7. Aug 7, 2019 #827

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

This 6 pack is stupid hot. I sampled the peach ones. Hotter than the ghost from last year. The other 2 red ones should be quite a bit hotter. Probably mix these with one large sweet red bell from Turkey. Im not looking forward to tasting these. :p
    [​IMG]

8. Aug 8, 2019 #828

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

I sampled a CARDI Scorpion.. Those things are insane. Capsaicin oil was oozing all over the inside. This pod was a freak and lit my up like never before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got a pretty Reaper today also.
    [​IMG]

9. Aug 11, 2019 #829

GM54-120

GM54-120

GM54-120

Finally got some small pods on the brown bhuts. Hope i still got time for some ripe ones. Got lots of pods i could pick atm but im a tad busy to deal with them right this moment.

Nalglah Brown are really pretty when you get a few on the plant to contrast the green
    [​IMG]

JPGS, great producer and shape but overall flavor is just ok. Think i liked the CARDIs and red bhuts better for flavor.
    [​IMG]

Really like the Scotch Brains from Juanitos. VERY attractive pods.
    [​IMG]

CARDI Scorpions from Juanitos doing great and much hotter than i expected. Probably adding these to the "grow too list"
    [​IMG]

A mantis is guarding one of my Dragons Breath. About at 10 o'clock from the top ripe pod
    [​IMG]

TFMs from Trents seeds were a great choice for another bonnet to try. Not quite as pretty as Dreadies but does fine here.
    [​IMG]

Tekne Dolmasi ready to go. Bottom pic is a larger one for my seed stock when its ripe. These are a must if you like sweet red bells.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anuum patch covered in volunteer burr gherkin vines. They dont climb the peppers so i figured why not let them grow to shade the soil. Got a almost ripe Zapotec in that mess too. :D
    [​IMG]

Liana long beans went into overdrive now. Picked almost a pound today and could have picked more. That trellis is about 8ft tall
    [​IMG]