Canada is burning up?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the smoke we’re experiencing here in southern Ontario is from Quebec and western Ontario. Much clearer today than yesterday. Here’s a tip for any of you readers who drive diesels. The computers monitoring these diesel engines sense the smoke and as a result use more DEF. Carry a spare jug with you if you’re traveling.

Pretty nasty here in cny. The wife was outside today planting wearing a good mask. She`s a headstrong Irish woman and gonna do what she`s got to do. She did limit her time and said the mask helped. I ran some errands and the smoke bothered me. I put the a/c on and recirculated the air in truck and it was better. Then I see on the news the reporters wearing mask. I thought here we go again. LOL. I hope this passes soon. Never have seen anything like it.

Myself and pretty much everyone in the western states are so used and accustomed to what you all on that side of the country are experiencing. It’s honestly expected out here this time of year all the way into October unfortunately. I’m seeing the air quality is in the mid to upper 300’s around the New York area. Which is terrible. Back in 2019 in my area, the air quality index was unmeasurable. It was estimated to be around 630 or more. Honestly difficult to breath in. It lasted that way every day for over a month. Every vehicle covered in ash. That was a very bad year for everyone on the West Side.

Ocean co, NJ here. days later and a thousand miles away the smoke is terrible. It must be bad in Canada. The thing is, it doesnt smell like wood smoke, it smells like a house fire, something way more toxic. The cloud now goes from Chicago to Carolina through New England. I look at all the birds still in the yard and think canary in a coal mine. The poor things are way more succeptible to the smoke than anything, and they couldnt outrun it now. Hope they make it through. Visibility was about 100 yards or less yesterday

I'm in NC and I was outside working in the yard around the house for the past few days and I noticed the smoke and figured it was a fire somewhere close to here because I don't watch the news on TV much because it's depressing and I had no idea it was coming from Canada but i have been to Quebec in the past and it is beautiful country there and vast amounts of wildlife that will be terrorized by this it's a shame maybe they will get it under control soon and I live in the middle of the woods with big trees and forest around my house and I worry about fire danger at home because if it ever gets started it would be hard to stop

I’m in south eastern nc, I can see a haze in the air. No smell but there is haze. Fire is sometimes good, clears out a lot of underbrush helps out nutrients back into the soil. Just maybe not on this scale and in an uncontrolled way. Hope all up north stay safe.

Back