can't waite for muzzleloader season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redear

Reaction score
It's been a little too warm here in SE virginia for a while now and it has effected the bow season. I went this evening at 78 degrees and had a decent hunt with the crossbow but I just about got ill walking in that heat. Almost had a shot at a large coyote chasing two small does which came by me like they were really scared, when the coyote came to a stop to survey the soybean field for the does I was drawing a bead on him at 30 yds, he spotted me instantly and went back into the woods.

yeah craw he was about the prettiest coyote I have seen but they do disturb me with all the scat sign with deer hair in it. It really takes some good equipment to hunt them right around here, these guys hunt them at night with heat sensitive scopes that cost thousands so they dont have a floodlight which scares a coyote. my brother in law does it and he stays broke buying those scopes and flir hand held spotters. Ive got coyotes around my farm too, they get to howling and yipping and my dogs go nuts. my neighbor traps them and dispatches them, we all raise cattle too.

Latest posts

Back