Caps for my nipples

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aland

Reaction score
Anyone have a fix for cci caps not fitting snug on traditions nipples? Using the blue can of cci magnum perc. caps and they fall off the stock nipple that comes with the kits.

Try pinching the caps on the nipple. If you can replace the nipple purchase a Tresco Nipples from Buffalo Arms. You can also try RWS #11 Caps they seem to be a little smaller in diameter

Anyone have a fix for cci caps not fitting snug on traditions nipples? Using the blue can of cci magnum perc. caps and they fall off the stock nipple that comes with the kits.

You might try some a RWS Dynamit Noble 1075+ caps. The are German and made on the metric system as is the nipple in your rifle. They measure on the of 1075 (10 3/4) versus the #11.

But as mentioned it really is a good move to get a different nipple.

Tresco nipples are the best. Been using them exclusively for 10 years now. They give good service life ( I find I get about 400 shots before replacement is needed)and don't beat up hammer noses or striker faces. They're also easy on bolster/ drum and breech plug threads.

I've found RWS primers fit much tighter than CCI on my nipples.

I keep a couple tins of #10 primers around for times when I run into a small nipple but most times i just give them a little pinch. And yes this thread reads like a total twist on words.

Thank you for all the responses. I have new tesco nipples coming. It will be easier as rws caps are harder to get around here. And Everyone says they are a lot better

Back