Carrying Bullets In the Field

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When hunting i use these Traditions speed loaders. There are separate compartments for powder and bullet. It holds two #11 caps and has a short starter.

Attachments

• DSC02574.JPG
    DSC02574.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 22
Went to Lane’s this year. They seal very well. Used to use plastic film canisters but they can occasionally come open.

Since I have to keep track of 3 peoples things(mine, sons,daughters). This is the system we have. Daughter-red. Son-blue. Mine are the yellow. Powder charge with the colored cap and bullet/sabot/primer in the other tube.

Attachments

• 7D656B19-B0F9-46D3-B1DE-56BB1E1E00D3.jpeg
    7D656B19-B0F9-46D3-B1DE-56BB1E1E00D3.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 30
TC Muzzcharger. I carry it in the the cargo pocket of my pants. This is a pic from the web.
https://mannofirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/ZATC8975.jpg
I got one of those earlier models of it way back when TC inlines came out. It worked fantastically for using pellets. I could shoot & reload my Thunderhawk, Firehawk & Omegas in less than 15 seconds be ready to shoot again. I dont have .50 cals anymore so I gave it away to a guy that takes his 2 boys out with his muzzleloader. Really cool thing to have.

I made my own 4 quick loaders.

Holds 90 gr BH209 in one end with bullet sabot and 209 primer in the same end as a plug for the powder tube.

20201026_180452.jpg

Lane' tubes.

IMG_5603.JPG
Exactly what I use and they work well for me.

I use what the medical laboratory industry calls transport tubes. I have big ones that hold about90 grains of loose powder and smaller ones that hold up to 45 grains of smokeless/BH. Those go in my breast pocket. (If you hang them from the front of your jacket by a string attached to the cap, they're called apostles; you just jerk them open and pour the powder. I have a capper on a string around my neck. I put CVA powerbelts in my fanny pack that I carry in front. I can get off 3 shots a minutes. On one occasion I ventilated what I thought was a rabid raccoon 5 times wiht a .58 before he quit moving (turned out to be distemper).

Since I have to keep track of 3 peoples things(mine, sons,daughters). This is the system we have. Daughter-red. Son-blue. Mine are the yellow. Powder charge with the colored cap and bullet/sabot/primer in the other tube.
Great idea! I bought my new muzzleloader with the entire purpose of having my sons or daughter join me on the mountain for muleys this next fall. This is a really good idea to keep the loads separate.

I have some speed loaders made by Traditions that have separate chambers for the powder and projectiles. I was preparing for the day of hunting and before I stepped too far from the truck two of the powder chambers opened up and spilled some powder. Luckily I over packed for the trip and I had some single tubes that I have had forever. I just set the Tradition tubes in the truck grabbed the others and I was good to go. Make sure whatever system you use that the container seals up tight.

Homemade speed loaders, 45cal 1/2" cpvc with a 50cal sabot inserted to make a divider. Paint the powder cap blk. bullet and wad in other end. I have 10 pockets in my hunting coat 4 are breast pockets so loaders go in one and DI modules and driver in another. 3pc collapsible ramrod in a pouch on a lanyard around my neck and pouch tucked into my bibs. I always hunt from a climber and this works well for me.

Latest posts

Back