Carter hello

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John carter

Reaction score
I am new to the forum.... An old retired guy in Tulsa, okla. I retired three years ago.

I started m loading in about 1975. I got a 1864 bridesberg 58. I shot it a bit ... Shot mini balls but it was very inaccurate. went to round balls and pillow ticking but the barrel was not good. I gave up after a year.

Later I Started with a a Hawken repo ... 50 cal. left hand. this was about 1990 I shot the crap out of that rifle..... I got into shooting matches. I out over 2000round balls through the gun. It got to be a hunter but no longer a target shooter. I bought the gun at bass pro. A friend wanted to hunt with it so he got it.

Then I bought a bass pro Hawken. Right hand in about 1995. Shot well but the hammer would fall at random times. They sent me a new hammer but I was afraid of it. It went into the safe after about smmoldered and caught ix months where it still lives ... A Nickle gun. a gunsmith found the issue a few years later .... The inletting.it

The I bought a knight wolverene ... 50..... my deer gun to today.

Now to shotguns....in the late 1970's ... I bought a m loader double Shotgun. Duck number were down. I started carving decoys and using my m loader. I could only shoot two ducks per day. I found that I was shooting a higher percentage as I was working them in close.. a friend and I started to hunt pheasant during mid day with it as well. firstnday of this I about burnt down the field as I used newspaper for over shot wading and it smoldered until catching corn stalks on fire. lesson learned. I amassed a few doubles. I quit duck hunting and family got the shotguns for above the fireplaces after I shot skeet with these. Finally the league broke up.

Several years ago, I located a white tominator from cabellas. 12 gauge. the gun was listed a nearly new but I never found any sign of it being fired. I got two bags of wads and a spare breech plug / nipple.also. I was going to shoot trap with it. never got there due to health issues .... Lost vision and balance.

So today the terminator, the bass pro 50 sits in the safe. I have started to shooting the knight more. Just limit it to 25 yards.... But it is fun again.

Now joined here to read more about m loading ... Saying hi

Latest posts

Back