Cartridge loading question

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

Harleysboss

Range test went well. I do believe it was my overlooking the belled case mouth that caused my pain. I selected 7 random loaded rounds and indexed them with a sharpie with all being loaded with the mark at 12 oclock in the chamber. After firing and allowing the case to cool, I slid them back into the chamber in all different positions from what I had marked. All the empties loaded smoothly with no sign of being tight. Lesson learned. Slow down and pay attention. Thanks for the interest.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporter
Good lesson here for all of us. When loading or shooting do not be in a hurry. Im not preaching as I have made my mistakes from being in a hurry also. Gunpowder is not forgiving, keep that in mind.

45-70

Range test went well. I do believe it was my overlooking the belled case mouth that caused my pain. I selected 7 random loaded rounds and indexed them with a sharpie with all being loaded with the mark at 12 oclock in the chamber. After firing and allowing the case to cool, I slid them back into the chamber in all different positions from what I had marked. All the empties loaded smoothly with no sign of being tight. Lesson learned. Slow down and pay attention. Thanks for the interest.
Glad you found the problem