Case for Optima V2 Pistol?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
I am going to need to purchase a case for my modified Optima V2 pistol sometime soon.

1. Pistol with DOC White Javelina stock's. Forearm with short pistol grip.
2. Primary breech plug/Vent liner
3. Spare breech plug/ Vent liner
4. MZ-REX 2 sabot muzzle brake
5. Aluminum brake funnel
6. Brake loading tool
7. MZ-REX 2 conical muzzle brake
8. Leapers 2-7 pistol scope in Warne Q-D lever scope rings
9. Weaver 2.5-8 pistol scope in Warne Q-D lever scope rings
10. GrovTec D-19ring, Push Button, sling swivels
11. Magpul Gen3 Tactical, Two Point/One Point sling
12. Custom-length ramrod to fit length of muzzle brakes
13. Knurled S.S. muzzle cap
14. Ambidextrous hammer extension
15. Breech plug tools
16. Warne T-handle torque wrench for scope screws
17. Spare parts

Any suggestions on where to look, what brands to look at for a case. Never purchased a pistol case before, so I'm in the dark.

Thanks

You cant go wrong with a Pelican case. They are indestructible. I also like the Birchwood Casey aluminum cases. Like Toytruck said, gotta know dimensions of everything your gonna put in there.

I have multiple bags. One for the gun and another for general muzzle loading supplies. I know you only have the one now, but; you may get another. That and your list is very long and yet maybe incomplete. It is hard to predict everything in advance. And in the lon run, you are probably going to settle on one scope. I dont see powder, measure, primers or projectiles on the list. Felt tip pen, aim spots. Patches, lube.

Instead of a custom lenght rod, Maybe a generic multi section range rod with a guide? Future versatility.

Now that I think about it, I load a minimum of three bags for muzzle loader shooting. One for the gun and another for muzzle loading specific supplies. I then have a 3rd bigger bag that has my adjustable rest and rear bag, targets, tools, stapler, 2 ear muffs and a lot of misc stuff . My spotting scope no longer fits, so; I carry that separate. That makes 4. A day at the club involves a lot of luggage.

This is how my Optima stays until its going to get shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 19
The factory box is not that bad for a start. This is mine, arrived Monday. As yet, unfired. The foam is not glued down, it sets loose.

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 10
Harbor Freight and Northern tool have some nice knock off “Pelican” style boxes that you can shape the foam inside to fit the gun.
Powder projectiles, etc could be added. I carry all that in a separate Ammo can.

I am going to need to purchase a case for my modified Optima V2 pistol sometime soon.

1. Pistol with DOC White Javelina stock's. Forearm with short pistol grip.
2. Primary breech plug/Vent liner
3. Spare breech plug/ Vent liner
4. MZ-REX 2 sabot muzzle brake
5. Aluminum brake funnel
6. Brake loading tool
7. MZ-REX 2 conical muzzle brake
8. Leapers 2-7 pistol scope in Warne Q-D lever scope rings
9. Weaver 2.5-8 pistol scope in Warne Q-D lever scope rings
10. GrovTec D-19ring, Push Button, sling swivels
11. Magpul Gen3 Tactical, Two Point/One Point sling
12. Custom-length ramrod to fit length of muzzle brakes
13. Knurled S.S. muzzle cap
14. Ambidextrous hammer extension
15. Breech plug tools
16. Warne T-handle torque wrench for scope screws
17. Spare parts

Any suggestions on where to look, what brands to look at for a case. Never purchased a pistol case before, so I'm in the dark.

Thanks
Check out the quad case from BC. Its meant for 4 hand guns but i think the size is ideal for everything you want to keep with your pistol.

https://shop.birchwoodcasey.com/products/sportlock-alumalock-quad-handgun-case-gray.html

I think I will re-post my photos here. This is the CVA nylon case. I said a little more on the pistol forum. I like it. Price was $30.

Attachments

• Optima_case (1).JPG
    Optima_case (1).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Optima_case (2).JPG
    Optima_case (2).JPG
    75 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back