Cast bullet for cva accura v2?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger103

Reaction score
Looking for a bullet mold for cva accura v2. Any recommendations, what is working in these muzzleloaders.
Thanks

The one that works for me so far is the Lee REAL over a felt wad in 50 cal ,the best I can do scoped 5shots@100 is a 9 in pie plate tho I am working on a lee 250 gr FP powder coated and sized to fit .451 in a black sabot (452 is tight).
Somebody with more experience and better eyes could shoot the REAL better for sure and the molds are cheap to try /Ed .

In .50 & .54 Cal, The Lyman Plains is an Awesome commercially available Bullet Mold, I have MANY Custom Molds, And The Lyman Plains is as good as any of them.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010237868
Typical Lyman Plains Accuracy, This Bullet FLAT OUT Shoots :lewis:
V4UCLvS.jpg

If you prefer to go with a Custom Bullet Mold, Accurate Bullet Molds in Utah is a Favorite of mine, His Steel Molds are my Favorites. #51-450M is one of my Favorites. I would go All Bands the Same Diameter, and Size to fit your Bore
http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=51-450M-D.png
svOtaEv.jpg

The one that works for me so far is the Lee REAL over a felt wad in 50 cal ,the best I can do scoped 5shots@100 is a 9 in pie plate tho I am working on a lee 250 gr FP powder coated and sized to fit .451 in a black sabot (452 is tight).
Somebody with more experience and better eyes could shoot the REAL better for sure and the molds are cheap to try /Ed .

Ed, Are you talking your New Pistol here? I don’t know anything about CVA’s, I have never owned, or even handled one of their inline Rifles. I was assuming he was talking a .50 Cal Rifle?

Ed, Are you talking your New Pistol here? I don’t know anything about CVA’s, I have never owned, or even handled one of their inline Rifles. I was assuming he was talking a .50 Cal Rifle?
I was but now I'm not sure what the OP is talking about ,as I to am not up on CVA either .I assumed my new pistol but then again I think I have been hanging out with it more than most of my other toys . Tunnel vision in a good way /Ed

I have shot the 395 Plains bullet in my old Accura LR and it shot pretty well. But I sold that gun before really coming up with a great load for it. I still have some of the bullets that i cast and will send you some, Trigger103 and Eekjellander, if you want to try some. Cast @ 40:1

I have shot the 395 Plains bullet in my old Accura LR and it shot pretty well. But I sold that gun before really coming up with a great load for it. I still have some of the bullets that i cast and will send you some, Trigger103 and Eekjellander, if you want to try some. Cast @ 40:1

Doug schow
10112 leonard lane
Island city, OR
Thanks again looking forward to trying them

I have that accura it shoots those 395s great I have casted 250 and 320 lee bullets and it shoots them good also.i cast some .452 and used a harvester sabot it shoots them very well also.

Ok Doug. 24 coming to ya. Some knurled. Some sized .505. I'll put them in the mail after i vote tomorrow a.m.
What do you use to size your bullets. And what size to you recommend for the 50 cal muzzleloader. The thor bullets i use are .501.

I use Lee sizing dies. Sometimes i would polish them out a little bit larger if i needed a size they dont offer. They are $20-25 each. I believe i sized to .503 for my Accura. It's been a little while since i sold it. See if these load ok as they are. The knurled bullets are .505 the others are .503

Hey just wanted to let you know i recieved your bullets they look awesome. What molds did you use to pour these bullets. When i get some time i will shoot theseand let you know.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back