Casted up a Few more .45s for a Friend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont blame you Lew. MP Molds in England will sell a HP mold ready to go for less than that. Even after shipping and the conversion to dollars. Im sure his work is nice but $170 for the work is just too much considering i have no doubts a huge metplat like that will work fine with pure soft lead.
https://www.mp-molds.com/

Im pretty convinced this is the ticket to accelerate interest in 45s again. Its already begun but so many forget how easy it is with conicals. You can kill deer just as well for a fraction of the cost, reasonable recoil and plenty of range for a huge amount of the hunters. Guys buying the newer CVA 45s in a 1-22 or Knight 1-20s should be all over stuff like this. Even the older 1-28 or 1-30s will shoot many of these bullets good.

Im pretty convinced this is the ticket to accelerate interest in 45s again. Its already begun but so many forget how easy it is with conicals. You can kill deer just as well for a fraction of the cost, reasonable recoil and plenty of range for a huge amount of the hunters. Guys buying the newer CVA 45s in a 1-22 or Knight 1-20s should be all over stuff like this. Even the older 1-28 or 1-30s will shoot many of these bullets good.

I agree :lewis: My 1:30 Twist Green Mountain LRH (Long Range Hunter) Barrel Has THOROUGHLY impressed me over the years, it was one of my Very first Muzzleloader Barrels, I have put about every Bullet imaginable through this thing, Some of my Largest Bullets, and it has Shot them EXTREMELY well. In fact, i can only think of a Couple bullets that it didn’t Shoot Well

Latest posts

Back