Casted up some .30 Cals

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lewis, You’d love the sights on this fine piece. It’s a Sempert- Krieghoff. Made 1924. Ambidextrous bbuttstock.
Front sight has four rotating different posts. Adjusted with a key.
Very difficult to find WWII bring backs that have the rear peep.
Usually kept separate from the rifle .

Last edited:
Lewis, You’d love the sights on this fine piece. It’s a Sempert- Krieghoff. Made 1924. Ambidextrous bbuttstock.
Front sight has four rotating different posts. Adjusted with a key.
Very difficult to find WWII bring backs that have the rear peep.
Usually kept separate from the rifle .

I keep going back and looking at it :lewis: I would love to see, and handle it! What is that Rifle Valued at?

I was just gonna say that I too only use one hole in the multiple cavity molds that I own. I can concentrate on better bullets. I've seen lots of pistol shooters go thru the motion of multiple casting then running the bullets thru a lube sizer and turn out some crappy bullets. Why waste the time? On the other side though, when I bought my very first mould from Paul Jones I had been shooting some REAL crappy bullets that I had bought. 10 gr over and under in a 540 gr bullet. I was new to BPCR and had no experience at all other than what I read. My 100 yd targets had 7" to 10" groups and I was going crazy with a new $4500.00 rifle. Paul told me that even being 10 gr off those bullets should shoot 1 hole at 100 yds. Then he asked me what size were they? Now I was learning about exact bullet to bore/groove size and leading up a barrel. With his help I learned that the only time I size a bullet is when I need the bullet to be a specific size. Other wise I shoot as cast. I also learned how to de-lead a barrel, ha!
Other than bronze or steel wool is there any “ availability “ method to get ALL of the leading out of a barrel ?
Thanks

I use a cotton ball soaked in turpentine. Soak it and let it set then run it thru tight. I also use the steel wool but you will see the lead on the cotton ball.

Other than bronze or steel wool is there any “ availability “ method to get ALL of the leading out of a barrel ?
Thanks

This is a good Question my Friend, And unfortunately one that I don’t have an answer for? The reason I don’t, Is that i don’t have a leading problem in my Muzzleloaders with my Lubes, What little tiny bit i get (Very RARE that i ever do) i can easily get it out in my Normal Cleaning routine, With a TIGHT Patched Jag and a Good Solid Range Rod.

I have a good friend, Who’m i have the utmost respect for, He is a well respected BPCR Guy, He Deals with Leading on a Fairly Regular basis (But that has GREATLY reduced with the use of my Lubes) I have never asked him what his method is for Removing Lead? I will ask him This morning and Reply back here with his Response

Back