Casted up some .443-530 BACO Elliptical’s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I casted up a little Handful of my .443, 530 Grain BACO Elliptical Bullets yesterday evening, I compression Cast these. Bullet Bases are SUPER SHARP! Which is Critical to Good accuracy. This is one of my Favorite Paper Patch Bullets, This one Shoots EXTREMELY well. I need to get my .451 RICE “Eleanor“ Barrel back out Soon and ZERO these up in it, ”Eleanor“ does quite well with these :)
LcOnz9o.jpg

My only complaint with Shooting my Paper Patch is Fouling Control after each Shot, it is somewhat of a Nightmare with Swiss Real Blackpowder. I use 2 WET SOAKED High Content Alcohol Patches to “PLOW” My way through the Fouling, I Then run 2 Drying patches. Simply Put, Its the nature of the Beast with Paper Patch & Swiss Real Blackpowder. I can help this quite a bit by Using 100% Peanut Oil SOAKED 1/8” Wool Felt OP Wads (as I’ve said before, 100% Peanut Oil is an AWESOME Hydrator!!) But that’s ONLY when Loading & Shooting at the Bench, You would NEVER do this for Hunting as it would Contaminate the Powder. This is 1 reason why i NEVER Recommend Paper Patch as a 1st Choice Hunting Bullet.

Last edited:
I casted up a little Handful of my .443, 530 Grain BACO Elliptical Bullets yesterday evening, I compression Cast these. Bullet Bases are SUPER SHARP! Which is Critical to Good accuracy. This is one of my Favorite Paper Patch Bullets, This one Shoots EXTREMELY well. I need to get my .451 RICE “Eleanor“ Barrel back out Soon and ZERO these up in it, ”Eleanor“ does quite well with these :)
LcOnz9o.jpg

My only complaint with Shooting my Paper Patch is Fouling Control after each Shot, it is somewhat of a Nightmare with Swiss Real Blackpowder. I use 2 WET SOAKED High Content Alcohol Patches to “PLOW” My way through the Fouling, I Then run 2 Drying patches. Simply Put, Its the nature of the Beast with Paper Patch & Swiss Real Blackpowder. I can help this quite a bit by Using 100% Peanut Oil SOAKED 1/8” Wool Felt OP Wads (as I’ve said before, 100% Peanut Oil is an AWESOME Hydrator!!) But that’s ONLY when Loading & Shooting at the Bench, You would NEVER do this for Hunting as it would Contaminate the Powder. This is 1 reason why i NEVER Recommend Paper Patch as a 1st Choice Hunting Bullet.
What would you do for hunting?

LcOnz9o.jpg

have had success with 3/16 grease cookie between two 30 thousand wads.

Back