casting alloys and twist rates

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also looking into copper plating my cast bullets. There are lots of DIY copper plating vids and instructions. You have to build almost everything from scratch. But powder coating is a lot easier. You can get everything you need at harbor freight.

I am also looking into copper plating my cast bullets. There are lots of DIY copper plating vids and instructions. You have to build almost everything from scratch. But powder coating is a lot easier. You can get everything you need at harbor freight.
yes as long as it is (red) the PC most everything else color wise is a pain ,at least the bake and shake method again youtube is yer friend (sometime) /Ed

Jeeze, Ed. That doesn't make me feel any better. I'm 50, and I have to run down the list of my kids' names (5 of them) before I hit the right one!

DO you guys have anything on alloy and twist rates? If I go faster, should I go harder? (Don't do it @michiganmuzzy - act like you're all grow'd up, now...)
Hah! That’s what was going on with the old man! He’d say, “Michael! Frederic! Damn it, Adam!” Thought my first name was Damnit till at least 4th grade...

Jeeze, Ed. That doesn't make me feel any better. I'm 50, and I have to run down the list of my kids' names (5 of them) before I hit the right one!

DO you guys have anything on alloy and twist rates? If I go faster, should I go harder? (Don't do it @michiganmuzzy - act like you're all grow'd up, now...)
I've shot bullets made out of Wheel Weights with excellent results and yes I was pushing them pretty hard. WW is usually not considered ideal for muzzleloaders because with normal loads it won't expand to fill the grooves and will lead the barrel because of it. Hence the reason for pushing it harder.

Back