CCI 209’s at Midway

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at my email during a meeting when the Midway notice came through. I stopped the meeting just so I could place my order. I did get a few "really" looks. I don't care, as the top dog in this meeting is a hunter and all he did was ask if he could get a 100 of them. lol

I didn't know that on the Winchester 777 primers. Glad I didn't purchase any of those, as I use BH 209. Thanks for that little bit of info Okie!

Yep, not that they were on my list for primers and powder before, but I can get it local for $20-$25 less (and we are getting them in now) and have no hazmat.

If the local shop is getting them and selling for that price you know they are taking advantage of the desperation of some to turn a buck. They just lost my business for bullets, supplies and other items.

I wished the local stores had them around here, as I did pay a premium. I guess with 209's all that I was needing, I wasn't going to worry about a few bucks. If I had to completely outfit myself, that would be different. The big problem around here is people hitting the shops first thing in the morning, each and every day so they can turn around and sell them. That and there only so many shops in Central Nebraska.

The only way the supply will ever return to normal is if people are severely limited in how much they can buy or prices increase to the point that they stop buying every primer or round of ammunition that becomes available.

Dicks in Culpepper VA has the Federal Premium Muzzleloading Primer as do a few other places in VA.
Same price elsewhere 12.99.
I did score on some 20 gauge SST Hornady slugs. We are forced to use slugs on all federal, state, and county property around here and soon non lead.

The only way the supply will ever return to normal is if people are severely limited in how much they can buy or prices increase to the point that they stop buying every primer or round of ammunition that becomes available.

My son was at a outdoor store (big store like Bass Pro or Cabelas) in South Dakota and they had thousands of small rifle primers. Entire shelf full he said. Limit was one box. He said a lot of people were complaining about the one box limit, but it's what needs to happen. I know people that only shoot 100 rounds a year of 22lr and yet, they are buying everything they see. I just don't get that.

It's starting to get better here in MN. I was in a couple of stores today that had a surprising amount of ammo, bullets and powders. Still, no primers but at least the other pieces are coming back.

My son was at a outdoor store (big store like Bass Pro or Cabelas) in South Dakota and they had thousands of small rifle primers. Entire shelf full he said. Limit was one box. He said a lot of people were complaining about the one box limit, but it's what needs to happen. I know people that only shoot 100 rounds a year of 22lr and yet, they are buying everything they see. I just don't get that.
That snag everything mentality will lengthen out this shortage of ammo and components. Along with the resellers buying it up and trying to sell at massive profits.

They've already out of stock. I didn't think that it was a bad price though. Basically $ 7.50 per 100.
It's the hazmat and shipping that kills it.

I just got an email today that free shipping is back. Guessing you still have to pay hazmat?

Back