Change sights for Traditions Deerhunter?`

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all - Super excited, my new Traditions Deerhunter, .50 cal percussion arrived today...in time for Maryland's special primitive weapons season Feb 1. I am really looking forward to getting it sighted in and trying it out in the field. My first traditional gun after a couple of years of inline. My question: I've never been great with iron sights and my middle aged eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be...anybody know whether or how easy it is to put a ghost ring/peep sight on them?

Hi all - Super excited, my new Traditions Deerhunter, .50 cal percussion arrived today...in time for Maryland's special primitive weapons season Feb 1. I am really looking forward to getting it sighted in and trying it out in the field. My first traditional gun after a couple of years of inline. My question: I've never been great with iron sights and my middle aged eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be...anybody know whether or how easy it is to put a ghost ring/peep sight on them?
I believe that Williams Gun Sights has a setup for it. May be the same that fits CVAs. They have the Ace In The Hole also.
https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ecommerce/c/long-gun-sights-844
Call them for info. They are always helpful.

You might also try Lyman. They make one for Lyman ML's and can be adapted to others with a drill and tap. At least that's what their website says.

Back