• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Charge holders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdporter

Reaction score
I have over 4000 of these Vaccutainer tubes with rubber stoppers.
The 4.0ml ones hold 74 grains of Swiss 2F and 71 grains of 5744.
The 6.0ml ones hold 101 grains Swiss 2F and 94 grains of 5744. I haven’t weighed any other powders with them, and I only filled them to the bottom of the cap, the stopper is recessed some from there, so they will hold a touch more.
They will make great charge holders for the range. Not sure about packing them around in your pocket to hunt with as, once the initial vacuum is broken, the stoppers are snug, but not tight.
You could always load them up warmer than normal and when they cool off, they would create some vacuum.
I have way more of the 4.0ml ones than the 6.0ml ones, which is disappointing, but, you get what you get, I guess.
As you can see in the photos, these will fit right into a .50 cal barrel, and if you look close at the photo with the caps on the tubes, you will see a black sharpie mark, that is the line I filled the tube to. The stopper is actually .345” further up into the cap, so I’m guessing they’ll hold 5-10 grains more than I listed them at.
$0.50 for the 6.0ml and $0.25 for the 4.0ml plus however you want them mailed.
They will all need wiped out with an anti-static dryer sheet, because the two I tested in, had quite a bit of static cling, anyone who has ever reloaded much, knows about that. I had to dump the initial loads I placed in them and run a dryer sheet in them to get the powder to not cling so I could get it all dumped into the pan. They were weighed on a Hornady GS1500 scale that had the pan placed on it, turned on, “tare” pressed and zeroed, and the powder dumped into the pan and weight recorded. I only dumped one charge of each powder, into each tube.
They are all sterile and have not been opened. They are just expired. Hence the lab cannot use them. I purchased them on our hospitals auction site for a super good deal and wanted to pass it along to anyone who is interested.

Attachments

• F63CD04D-C7AF-4E5A-A46A-9EC86E6B6A00.jpeg
    F63CD04D-C7AF-4E5A-A46A-9EC86E6B6A00.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 21
Okay so I have over 6000 of these things $0.10 a piece plus shipping...
100 pack for $10??? Plus about $10 shipping. You can’t lose....

I’d be interested in 100 of the 6 ml.

Admin, can you mark as sold please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back