Chrony

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shifty

Reaction score
Need recommendations on a Chrony,would like one that would work for rifle and bow if that exist.

I would personally buy ANY other brand than this Competition Electronics. I know others on here that have them, and like them, But if you are unfortunate and get a DUD like i did and have to deal with this Co. you are in for a real JOKE!

This Chronograph of mine will literally Change numbers on its own when the unit is turned off, and then back on to Review. Piece of Junk!

[youtube]uq3l3i2i0vk[/youtube]

shifty said:
Thanks for the heads-up.

Like i said there are others here on this forum that have this same unit and have had no problems with theirs, But just seeing 1 of these things do what mine does would be enough to turn me against it if i were a potential Buyer. If the Co. Stood behind their product 100% this would be a different Story, I sent this thing back immediately after seeing it do this the first time, They Supposedly replaced it? As i said in the Video I highly doubt they did? It’s only speculation, but I believe they tested it, they didn’t see it Fail, Boxed it back up and sent it back to me? I would bet BIG on that! But no way to prove it? I wish i had Scribed my initials inconspicuously inside the Battery compartment before i sent it back to them. What is the chances i would get 2 of these things that have the exact same problem? Then again This might be MUCH more common than they say? After this Video, The CEO Jim Bailey told me that I could mail this unit back AGAIN, and that they offer a Repair at a “Reasonable” Price, Now that makes a BUNCH of sense? I paid 120 bucks or there abouts for this Thing New, then i had to send it back when it was stil Brand new on MY Dime, another 15-20 Bucks, Now Big CEO Jim say’s i can send it Back again for a Repair at a “Reasonable” Fee, So not only would i be out ANOTHER Round of Shipping, i would also be out a “Reasonable” fee for a Repair :lol: I might have been Born at night, but it wasn’t last night. This will Cost them a WHOLE LOT more in the end than it has me :D

My LabRadar has 3 speed settings, one is archery.
My son has played with it to measure golf ball speed.

52Bore said:
My LabRadar has 3 speed settings, one is archery.
My son has played with it to measure golf ball speed.

If i get another Chronograph it will be 1 of these Labradar’s, I shoot a LOT in early morning low light, Regular “eye” style Chronographs don’t play well in that environment, I have taken my Chronograph along a few times in hopes of getting Data only to get Error after Error due to poor lighting.

shifty said:
I just wish they did not cost so much.

I understand that! This is why I don’t have one, I’m not sure i can justify spending that much money on a Chrono? But then again i would probably use it Quite a Bit since i could Shoot in Low light etc. more than likely i will end up with one.

Forum Member ENCORE50A Has a Caldwell that he has had good luck with so far, Maybe even Forum member Buckdoehunter has the Caldwell also, if I remember right? One of these guys even has the Lighting kit for his. I haven’t heard anything Bad about them, and they are in that 100 dollar Range. The Beta Chronos have been around for Years, I don’t think you would go wrong with 1 of them? Pull them up and Read Reviews :yeah: If you are REALLY serious about a Lot of Chrono Work, and Can Swing it, The Labradar seems to be the KING

I've got a Caldwell. I use it for archery, firearms and airguns. Works great! The only complaint that I have is that the software, which is an APP for your smartphone doesn't work with my Galaxy S8 phone. It did work work on my last phone which was a Galaxy Note 7. The chrono still functions without the APP but won't do strings and averages etc.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... gLd__D_BwE

I purchased this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Ballist ... h+shooting

So far, I'm very happy with it. It works well with my cell phone and also the tablet. It works rather there's sun or shade with the LED lighting system. It wasn't such a huge expense, just to say I have a chronograph. Unless you're sampling a LOT of different bullets and charges, there's no way I could justify the cost of the LabRadar. This unit will register a piece of paper thrown through it.

My first and only so far is a Caldwell. I'm not a chrony genius by any means. I seems to do what I want and that check my loads. Under $100. on ebay and only had it a year so who knows?

Back