Clean smokeless powders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 30kpsi. I dont think this QL trace prediction is quite as high as ive seen listed before. Many of those old topics were lost (or at least very hard to find now) when Proboards upgraded Dougs. IIRC a max load of N120 is close to 33 or 34kpsi. I seem to remember it was around 33kpsi for 60gr and a 300gr bullet.
2k4ODVQ.jpg

57-58gr of N120 was a Savage MLII 50cal pet load for quite a few people shooting a 300gr. 63gr of Re7 was another. Both produce similar speeds but you will get a little less recoil with the N120 load.

A wool wad, especially a Maine wool wad, and a lightly knurled bullet will greatly reduce sabot drilling or shredding.

About 30kpsi. I dont think this QL trace prediction is quite as high as ive seen listed before. Many of those old topics were lost (or at least very hard to find now) when Proboards upgraded Dougs. IIRC a max load of N120 is close to 33 or 34kpsi. I seem to remember it was around 33kpsi for 60gr and a 300gr bullet.
2k4ODVQ.jpg

57-58gr of N120 was a Savage MLII 50cal pet load for quite a few people shooting a 300gr. 63gr of Re7 was another. Both produce similar speeds but you will get a little less recoil with the N120 load.

Can QL estimate the pressure of a Duplex load of 65 grains of Accurate 2015, with 2 grains of Bullseye, pushing a 300 grain bullet in a sabot from a 50 caliber muzzleloader? The Bullseye goes in first. It will be using a 209 primer.

Latest posts

Back