Cleaning a Remmington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader Question ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pop Pop

Reaction score
I have a Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader, cleaning it is a pain. Can't remove plug to go all the way thru barrel. I must have used 50 patches, still some dirt left on patch. Not much but some. I also used Butches cleaning Solv. any one got any tips on cleaning or a video. I like the gun, it shoots straight, far, killing machine. Any help would be great on this cleaning issue.
Thanks
PopPop

I have a Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader, cleaning it is a pain. Can't remove plug to go all the way thru barrel. I must have used 50 patches, still some dirt left on patch. Not much but some. I also used Butches cleaning Solv. any one got any tips on cleaning or a video. I like the gun, it shoots straight, far, killing machine. Any help would be great on this cleaning issue.
Thanks
PopPop

What powder are you using?

Ok and what is the total cost? Do you have to ship the gun out to have changes made or can you do it yourself?
Remington UML Replacement Breech Plug – Arrowhead Rifles

Its 100% reliable and does not leak. It will not gas cut like the OEM breech plug nipples.
The best investment you'll make. It also allows you to shoot BH209.
Remington UML Replacement Breech Plug – Arrowhead Rifles

Its 100% reliable and does not leak. It will not gas cut like the OEM breech plug nipples.
The best investment you'll make. It also allows you to shoot BH209.
. Ok and what is the total cost? Do you have to ship the gun out to have changes made or can you do it yourself?

Ok and what is the total cost? Do you have to ship the gun out to have changes made or can you do it yourself?

. Ok and what is the total cost? Do you have to ship the gun out to have changes made or can you do it yourself?
IF........... you can get your OEM plug removed, then the process is simple.

Go back to the web site: Remington UML Replacement Breech Plug – Arrowhead Rifles

Prices are listed and if you scroll down the page, Luke has a video explaining how its done.

Make sure you put plenty of anti-seize grease on the breech plug each time you put it back in the rifle.

You can get it at any auto parts store, and is worth its weight in Gold when it comes to removing muzzleloader breech plugs.

Suggestion......... for ANY bolt action and cleaning breech plug threads. It would work on break opens too.

Brass, Nylon and Stainless brushes. DO NOT USE THE STAINLESS BRUSHES.

Harbor Freight in the auto section.

IMG-1395.jpg

Latest posts

Back