cleaning BPCR , What are you using

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I normally blow tube on hunting loads when needed. I can usually get 3-5 shots off PPing . Ive heard a lot of good stuff on the bore pigs from BACO. I'm going to try Lew's lube formula in my grease cookies that I use in my hunting loads and see if I can better those numbers. For general cleaning I just use 10-1 distilled water and Napa cutting oil. A couple 2 or 3 patch's and finish with dry ones then oil.

I long ago gave up lube groove bullets for PPB slicks and will never go back to the greasers. PPBs means a bore rider, so there's no concern over cartridge OAL, and since there's a paper jacket over the slick, there is no concern over leading the tube. And the case is fully filled with bp, making a .45-70 into a virtual .45-90 :)

Fired cartridges are only cleaned, never sized. After shoot clean up of the gun is less than 10 minutes.

Fouling control is accomplished with Brent's awesome bore gophers - can't buy 'em, gotta make 'em, here how ...

dh41fQJ.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back