CO2 discharger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbuck28

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck with one?

I’m looking at purchasing a knight Ultralight and my buddy says his is a pain in the rear to remove a load out of the back as the loose powder falls into his trigger assembly.

I hunt in New England and I like to remove the load and start with a fresh one every day.

I was thinking the CO2 discharger could be the answer to make life easy for me.

When removing a load from the breech - take the bolt and the breech plug out turn the rifle with the trigger up and push the load out slowly. Most of it will fall out of bolt loading area. Just a suggestion...

I shoot BH209. I spend so much time and money scouting for mature deer that I feel a jug of powder per season is well worth the money I spend.
I could careless about $40 if I know my gun will go off everytime with zero hang fire or issue

Make a tube to thread into breechplug threads that will allow for the load to pass through and of course you will need to remove the bolt. Some of these are out there for a 5/8-18 thread plugs I think Pittman bullets had them for 45cal.

If you set gun straight up and down in a small m/t trash can load falls straight out and does not get in trigger mechanism been doing it for years with sero problems.. Lay it horizantal in a gun cleaning rest then you have trouble.

Because then you need to clean gun for no reason, if you push it out you just reload next day. I dont mind cleaning but not to just shoot a load into the dirt. While cleaning is no big deal it takes a couple minutes to pull breech plug and push load out saving 20 minutes of unnecessary labor.

I've tried that "pushing out the load" and propellant goes all over the place and yes, you can keep it out of the trigger assembly, but still the barrel threads are full. PITA, especially with a bolt.

I shoot BH209. I spend so much time and money scouting for mature deer that I feel a jug of powder per season is well worth the money I spend.
I could careless about $40 if I know my gun will go off everytime with zero hang fire or issue

He's shooting BH209, so why not just fire off the load and load the rifle right back up again in the morning? Its not going to corrode over night. Fire it off, run a couple dry patches down the bore and load it back up in the morning.

this is true. I was talking more about the getting powder in action pushing out load, w/209 I never unload just leave in garage or truck.. have even brought it into house and had it go off fine.
When I do push a bh209 load out i just blow threads out with compressed air and if you use a m/t trashcan powder goes nowhere but in can.

this is true. I was talking more about the getting powder in action pushing out load, w/209 I never unload just leave in garage or truck.. have even brought it into house and had it go off fine.
When I do push a bh209 load out i just blow threads out with compressed air and if you use a m/t trashcan powder goes nowhere but in can.
Well.... I do way to many things wrong.... The rifle stays loaded and it does come in the house every night. Cans of compressed air come in very handy for a lot of things and/or I could go out in the shop and use the compressor.

What I have found and do not do is bring a really cold rifle inside.

I just go back to read post #3 I wrote. Unless its necessary for safety reasons, I'm not pushing out a charge.
My rifle never comes in from the cold to warmth.
I do know many guys go to "camp" where there's not many conveniences, but still I'll leave a BH charge loaded for a whole season and it WILL go off instantly and without hesitation.

How about pushing the load out from the breech to the muzzle? If you can go the other way you already have the bolt and breechplug removed. Just push it out the muzzle with a patched jag. No(little) powder in the trigger or threads. I think the CO2 dischargers are tuff to get into a bolt action. Work best in a sidelock or break action.

How about pushing the load out from the breech to the muzzle? If you can go the other way you already have the bolt and breechplug removed. Just push it out the muzzle with a patched jag. No(little) powder in the trigger or threads. I think the CO2 dischargers are tuff to get into a bolt action. Work best in a sidelock or break action.
Breech plug will be full of propellant. IMO there isn't a good way :)

Make a tube to thread into breechplug threads that will allow for the load to pass through and of course you will need to remove the bolt. Some of these are out there for a 5/8-18 thread plugs I think Pittman bullets had them for 45cal.

I bought one of these tubes years ago and it works like a charm! I make sure that the ML is tilted downward in the vice before I remove the breach plug, remove the plug, screw the tube in all the way and then push the powder and bullet out through the breech. Zero grains of powder in the threads or trigger.

I bought one of these tubes years ago and it works like a charm! I make sure that the ML is tilted downward in the vice before I remove the breach plug, remove the plug, screw the tube in all the way and then push the powder and bullet out through the breech. Zero grains of powder in the threads or trigger.
Any idea who makes it or where to get one. I ordered one on midway USA but it’s back ordered. Not sure what’s the right size is either anybody happen to know?

Latest posts

Back