Coast of Maine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imacfrog

Reaction score
Greetings from the coast of Maine! I never introduced myself before posting in other forums. I am new to muzzleloading having shot traditional archery since a “wee lad”. I have hunted with a bow on and off for the past thirty years (five kids absorb a ton of time!).

My shoulders not being what they use to be but missing the hunt I have gravitated to muzzleloading. During the general gun season this past year, I had some questioning looks when other hunters saw me with a Hawken. C’est la vie!

Welcome from Oklahoma. I've been to my buddy's place in northern Maine many times over the years. Never got a deer up there but always enjoyed the trip.

Saw a plethora a deer sign this past year but alas, only one deer running full boar! Never been to Oklahoma but hope to visit it and others when I retire! Thanks for your greeting.

Last edited:
It is a gorgeous state! Miles of ocean coast line, mountains, lakes, rivers, wildlife, and serenity!
What part are you hoping to visit?

Greetings from the coast of Maine! I never introduced myself before posting in other forums. I am new to muzzleloading having shot traditional archery since a “wee lad”. I have hunted with a bow on and off for the past thirty years (five kids absorb a ton of time!).

My shoulders not being what they use to be but missing the hunt I have gravitated to muzzleloading. During the general gun season this past year, I had some questioning looks when other hunters saw me with a Hawken. C’est la vie!

Hello from SE Michigan! I am originally from Maine. Kennebunk/Wells area. I left to work for Uncle Sam in 1964 and eventually ended up in Michigan. I'm also a long time stickbow shooter and hunter. I used to go back to Maine every summer but since my parents passed and most of the family scattered I haven't been back. I still have many great memories of the Pine Tree State!

Welcome from Maine Native living in exile in New Hamster.

I spent a summer at Chop Point Camp in Woolrich. I found out that the area is as gorgeous as the mosquitoes are thirsty!

Last edited:
Welcome from Livermore Maine. Check out the ancientonesofmaine.com
We have monthly GEEZER shoots. Where on the coast are you?

Nit Wit

Welcome from Livermore Maine. Check out the ancientonesofmaine.com
We have monthly GEEZER shoots. Where on the coast are you?

Nit Wit

I believe, I may have met you at the Woods Walk in February at the Knox County Fish and Game (then again I met a whole bunch of people! LOL). If not then I have at least watched a number of your videos! LOL. Unfortunately, the "geezer shoots" are during the week ( I believe) and I am not quite retired (but not far!).

I spent a summer at Chop Point Camp in Woolrich. I found out that the area is as gorgeous as the mosquitoes are thirsty!

I see you have been welcomed by the Maine State Air Force! They are a bunch of blood suckers only out done by their cousins; the black fly!

Last edited:
I see you have been welcomed by the Maine State Air Force! Theyn are a bunch of blood suckers only out done by their cousins; the black fly!

I almost forgot about the black flies because I'm still traumatized by the number of aggressive little flying vampires o_O

I almost forgot about the black flies because I'm still traumatized by the number of aggressive little flying vampires o_O

If you are not careful, you can start on the coast and find yourself whisked away to the county by a large swarm! LOL 🙄

Back